SOLD FS/FT Feeler:Fender/Squier Parts Jazz-Aeros, maple body

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by willyrep, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. willyrep

willyrep

Mar 4, 2008
    New Orleans
    I don't really want to do this but I'm doing alot of gigs where I miss having a low B, so here goes. For sale: Fender japan Foto-flame neck on a Squier VM series natural maple body. Rosewood board, nicely broken- in neck, rounded edges, very slim profile and muy muy comfortable. Body is nicely grained and on the heavier side, altogether bass weighs around 10lbs. Tuners are Kluson style reverse from a Marcus Miller jazz. Bridge is a Wilkinson vintage style w/ brass saddles. Cavity has been shielded and pots are CTS. Jack is a Switchcraft. Pickguard is a genuine Fender nitrocell tort guard. Also comes with a black guard if you want. Here's my favorite part, pickups are Aero(hand-wound in Hawaii) single coils pulled from a Lakland Darryl Jones. They are by far the liveliest most organic and natural sounding jazz bass pickups I have ever played. Like 'em more than the Nordies in my Marcus. True single coils so they do hum when soloed. Thats the good, here's the bad.
    Neck has some finish cracking in the foto-flame finish. Seem to be superficial only and can't really be felt at all while playing. There's a cigarette burn on the headstock, the tuners have a couple odd screws which aren't perfectly seated. The neck will need a refret at some point soon, but to me it didn't affect playability at all. All in all this a handsome and versatile bass that i love( I've had the neck for well over a decade and it is by far my favorite in comfort and profile), put together professionally by my friend at New Orleans guitars, http://www.neworleansguitar.com/ and totally nails that lively '60s jazz tone. Great for slap and fingerstyle. Altogether i will be asking $350 shipped in a well-padded and packed guitar box, plus a gigbag and a set of nicely broken-in LaBella flats. Trades i am looking for are: Lakland 55-01 in any shape, plus cash on my end or similarly priced 5-strings with a good B string and more traditional styling. Ok, please check out the link for detailed pics and feel free to shoot me any questions that I may not have answered. Cheers!
    http://s424.photobucket.com/albums/pp321/willyrep/Parts Jazz for sale/

2. willyrep

willyrep

Mar 4, 2008
    New Orleans
    Gonna be out of town for a few days.

3. willyrep

willyrep

Mar 4, 2008
    New Orleans
    Back in town bump. Still looking for a solid, affordable 5-string. Maybe in the Peavey millenium direction, let me know what you got.

4. willyrep

willyrep

Mar 4, 2008
    New Orleans
    Bump. Now $350 shipped w/ bag and extra strings.

5. melodicly

melodicly

Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    How about an Ibanez SR505 in good condition and in NOLA for a trade? I have been looking for a fretless and this might be a good candidate for new orleans guitars to defret for me. I here they do a great job with that stuff.

6. willyrep

willyrep

Mar 4, 2008
    New Orleans
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm not really into Ibanez aesthetically-good basses though. I actually have just snatched a '76 P-bass so a cash deal is better and if you're local we might be able to work something out.

7. willyrep

willyrep

Mar 4, 2008
    New Orleans
    No reasonable offer not considered. I'm really just looking to move this now because I got my hands on a vintage P-bass. 300 bux plus shipping?

8. willyrep

willyrep

Mar 4, 2008
    New Orleans
    $280 plus shipping, Continental U.S. only.

9. willyrep

willyrep

Mar 4, 2008
    New Orleans
    Played it today-find your inner Jerry Jemmott!

10. willyrep

willyrep

Mar 4, 2008
    New Orleans
    Still here bump......any nice budget fivers out there?:bag:

11. Any interest in an Aguilar GS210?

12. willyrep

willyrep

Mar 4, 2008
    New Orleans
    No thanks, I already have an Aguilar 2x10 cab. I'm set as far as amps go.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.