1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/FT feeler: Fodera AJ Contrabass $4999 (Australia)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Europe & International' started by jazzcrime, Oct 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Looking to downsize my bass collection and get some money together for other expenses.
    Up for sale is my Fodera Anthony Jackson Contrabass.
    This thing is 34" scale (yes, 34"!), 19mm spacing. AFAIK the woods are mahogany body, quilted maple top (pretty stunning!), ash toneblock, maple neck, maccascar ebony fretboard with abalone block inlays. Very classy! Bartolini pickups and Haz Lab electronics. Also included is an ebony radiused ramp made by Rob Elrick.

This has been my main bass since I've got it, but I'm getting a shorter scale, tighter spaced 6 string made by an Australian luthier to help preserve my ever deteriorating wrists. (Bad RSI).

I am reluctant to let this go, this is hands down the nicest bass I've ever played, as well as one of the most amazing looking - and I've owned some nice basses. Condition is very good, there is a little wear on the finish on the back of the neck (although it is totally smooth wear) and a couple of tiny dings here and there on the top but not really noticeable unless you reflect it at an angle in the light up close.

Attached are some pictures to see for yourself. If you click my 'Youtube' link in my signature you'll see me playing the bass in some of the videos as well.
    I am in AUSTRALIA but will ship worldwide. Asking $4999 USD + shipping, which I think is more than reasonable.
    Also, would consider trades or partial trades for:
    Preferably 5 string Alleva-Coppolo, CallowHill, Brubaker.

THIS THING IS SOLD! Going to a good and LOCAL home. :D
    CIMG6746.
    CIMG6747.
    CIMG6748.
    CIMG6749.
    IMG_3605.
    IMG_3606.
    IMG_3607.
    IMG_3608.
    IMG_3609.
    IMG_3610.
    IMG_3611.
    IMG_3612.
    IMG_3613.
    IMG_3614.
    IMG_3615.
    IMG_3616.
    IMG_3617.
    IMG_3618.
    IMG_3619.
    IMG_3620.
    IMG_3621.
    IMG_3622.
    IMG_3624.
    IMG_3623.

2. olistorck

olistorck

Sep 16, 2007
    oviedo,spain
    gotta make yout bed, mate...
    :))

3. Lazy Sunday morning. Can you blame a guy?

Trade considerations added!

4. Price dropped. Want this to move.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.