1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/FT Feeler: Fuzzrocious Grey Stache Plus #14

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by dlenaghan, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey everyone -

This is a feeler, so I'm not totally sold on giving it up: Fuzzrocious Grey Stache Plus #14. Gate/Boost/Bypass foot-switches, Oscillation/off toggle, LED/no diode/Silicon toggle for the diodes.

I love it, but it's bigger than I can what I can afford on my board and I use the Boost so infrequently that I'd really just like to order up a current-model Stache with some extra options. If those options aren't available, I'll probably take this down.

Trades? Well, maybe: but I play Guilds, which are truly finicky bastards when it comes to fuzzes and muffs. Tried a Mammoth: great with my Fender, flat and farty with the Bisonics and Darkstars on the Guilds. So trades will be an issue - more research for me involved, etc. BUT: There are some things I need in a fuzz/muff: a gate switch with adjustable values (the Stache has adjustable Sustain and Gate controls), and a clean blend with an expression out, a la Dr Scientist's Elements pedals, and optimally, selectable diodes. I wish an Elements pedal and a Stache would get it on and make a love child: I'd be set. Well, there you go.

I am looking for 180 for this guy, inclusive of insured shipping from Korea.

They don't make them like this anymore.. I think Ryan (Fuzzrocious) built about 20 of these big guys before opting back for the smaller boxes. Clean box/cosmetics, no issues.

Anyway, thanks, and like I said: it's a feeler, so don't be offended if I'm all wishy washy about it.

Pics to come ASAP, but you know this one: Green box, smiling beardy grin, five grey knobs (vol/tone/mid scoop/sustain/gate), two toggles (diods and oscillation), three foot-switches (L to R: gate, boost, bypass).. 3M velcro on back. (You're welcome: nothing beats it.)

2. Pic bump.

[​IMG]

3. Stretchhh

Stretchhh

Jan 10, 2012
    WA, Australia
    I am sort of keen for getting this, have a kid painted grey Stache with tone bypass if you are happy or a swap.

4. Some interest.. Sorry Stretch, I really need that gate, but kid-painted is awesome! I haven't heard samples of the tone bypass, is it basically a clean fuzz? Does it cut out the mid scoop as well?

5. Stretchhh

Stretchhh

Jan 10, 2012
    WA, Australia
    I would say a clean fuzz as I haven't heard it clean at all but that is also half due to not having much time to use.

And the tone bypass cuts tone completely so I am guessing yes, I have been using it to boost when necessary with my band. Great feature but I would like a gated fuzz instead if bypass as I see more use with that then tone bypass with my band.

6. I feel like a gate switch should be a standard on fuzzes. Go from roaring sustain to heavy gated funky rubbergrit with one tap of your foot. Perfection! BTW, ordered its replacement from Fuzzrocious today, so #14 is currently on hold pending some discussion with a potential buyer.

7. Drop-D

Drop-D

Mar 23, 2009
    Kansas City
    PM me if that deal falls through.

Might have some trade bait.

8. DropD, second in line! :D

9. Looks like it's on hold for permanent-ice, with 2nd dibs for DropD.

10. Pending shipping to Russia!

11. Shipped! Closed thread. Fuzzrocious continues to reign supreme as TB's most desired build. BTW.. anyone got a spare Dark Driving? ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.