1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/FT feeler: G&L Tribute (former Darkstar), sans pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by MarkoYYZ, Oct 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Commercial User

Jan 31, 2012
    Toronto
    Hammersmith Music
    Some of you may recall seeing beautiful photos of a G&L JB2 with a pair of Darkstar pickups... originally here: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/dark-star-equipped-tribute-jb-2-a-979795/ . Well, the bass has made its way around and after being stripped of the valuable pickups, I picked it up as an impulse buy.

It took a little while to arrive, and I kind of lost interest in it as a project since I scored 2 amazing MIJ Fenders in the meantime. I may still keep it, but would consider selling it or trading for more usable items/bass/amp.

The bass is in excellent condition, aside from having no pickups. Includes the custom MM Sabre style control plate.

The good thing for you is that this is now an amazing mod platform at a better quality than the SX or Squiers that most like to tweak to their taste. It will fit a pair of Jazz pickups, a pair of Darkstar/Willpower style pickups, or humbuckers without having to route.

Looking for $250 for the whole thing, shipped CONUS and Canada - basically to recoup as much of my costs into it as I can

Would prefer to move it as a complete set, rather than part it out, but my mind is open to anything at this point.

$130 shipped for the loaded neck / $140 shipped for the body, bridge, control plate & pots

Attached Files:

2. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Commercial User

Jan 31, 2012
    Toronto
    Hammersmith Music
    Body shots

Attached Files:

3. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Commercial User

Jan 31, 2012
    Toronto
    Hammersmith Music
    ...and the neck:

Attached Files:

4. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Commercial User

Jan 31, 2012
    Toronto
    Hammersmith Music
    You can return it to this state...

P1120932.

...or something more customized, like this:

[​IMG]

5. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    El Presidente of Sanford and Sonny Audio Weapons (Bluebeard Fuzz)
    Wow that is beautiful.

6. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Commercial User

Jan 31, 2012
    Toronto
    Hammersmith Music
    Yeah, I'm really mixed on this. I know it would be beautiful once completed, I've just soured on it a little since it took so long to get to me and I've invested myself into a couple of other things.

I wonder if it wouldn't get more attention on the "basses for sale" forum, even though it's missing an item?

7. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Commercial User

Jan 31, 2012
    Toronto
    Hammersmith Music
    Saturday weekend shoppers bump. Had a couple of trade offers, but nothing to bite on.

Any offers?

8. sanfordandsonny

sanfordandsonny

Nov 15, 2006
    Maryland
    El Presidente of Sanford and Sonny Audio Weapons (Bluebeard Fuzz)
    What is the nut width on this?

9. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Commercial User

Jan 31, 2012
    Toronto
    Hammersmith Music
    1.5" nut width

10. El Tookay

El Tookay Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Vancouver
    Free bump, and I like the Herman Miller Eames Lounge avatar....

11. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Commercial User

Jan 31, 2012
    Toronto
    Hammersmith Music
    Thanks,though I've since moved and no longer have that either. sigh.

Nice G&L build platform here...

12. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Commercial User

Jan 31, 2012
    Toronto
    Hammersmith Music
    I guess at this point I may be willing to separate the loaded neck and partly loaded body if any TBers are interested, as next step is eBay where a broader audience will probably go for a BIN of $125 on each of the loaded neck and loaded body (plus actual shipping).

You guys know that G&L parts don't come available very often... make an offer.

Trade bait:

Fretless Jazz neck (Squier OK)
    On-board preamps
    Class D amp
    PJ or Jazz pickups
    Babicz/Badass bridges

Anything more useful towards a custom build, really.

13. purpleflyhunter

purpleflyhunter

Feb 11, 2005
    Have you ever played the neck and if so does it have any defining characteristics you might expand on (fret work, playability, truss rod etc...)?

thanks very much for your time. cheers!

14. MarkoYYZ

MarkoYYZ Commercial User

Jan 31, 2012
    Toronto
    Hammersmith Music
    I have never assembled this bass with strings and pickups, so I can't offer any personal feedback on the playability or sound. If you follow the link in my first post, you can read more about it from the guy who did the mods, had the fretwork done, etc...

I have a couple of good trades on the table so this might be spoken for fairly soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.