1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT feeler: Ibanez Musician (81/82?) and Ibanez ATK700 BM

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Lazarus.Bird, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    So I love my Ibanez RB950 so much that I've decided to mix things up and put a feeler out for my other two blue babies...

Ibanez Musician, possibly 1981/1982
    Grabbed this one off ebay. Hard to tell the exact year this was made, as the serial number was painted over when someone refinished this. My guess is 81 or 82. This is the one with P/J pickups. Bass can be run as passive or active with a 3 band EQ. Neck thru with a gorgeous ebony fret board. Refinish is high quality but whoever did it got some on the sides of the fretboard so it is not perfect. I don't know much about finish colors but would call it metallic blue? It looks pretty awesome.

Note: In these pictures there is a D-Tuner. It was not in great shape so I traded it to a local store for a replacement tuner. The tuner is not a 100% match but is only slightly different (call it a 90% match?). The tuner is a direct drop in fit with regards to the pegs and tuner hole. Bass is obviously not mint but in great shape for a 30+ year old bass.

We'll call it $600 OBO + shipping.

IMG_3904.

IMG_3906.

IMG_3908.

IMG_3915.

Ibanez ATK700 in Blue Moon finish

This was my main player for awhile. The Korean made ATK700 series are some of the best value basses I've ever played. This is a great looker and player. Active band triple coil pickup. Known as the Music Man killer. I always said that I would never sell this bass, but my RB950 having two quadracoil humbuckers there is guy is not seeing much play time and I am getting GAS-curious.

There is a faint scratch that is barely noticeable on the bridge plate. This was from a previous owner. Other than that, this one is in very good shape. The quilted top and matching head stock is stunning, and the maple fretboard has some figuring in it which I guess you could call some birds eye? It's not as apparent as in some boutique basses but it is a nice accent to the bass. Great player and a tone monster.

$450 OBO + shipping

IMG_3969.

IMG_3971.

IMG_3968.

IMG_3972.

IMG_3966.

TRADES!
    If you couldn't tell, I'm a big Ibanez fan. I am interested in a lot of their older stuff, pre-1986 for the most part. I would be extremely interested in an RB924, any single coils or any of the lawsuits. I'd also be interested in Grabbers/Rippers, aluminum neck Kramers, 70s/80s Japanese basses, older BC Riches and really anything out of the ordinary. I like weird things.

UPDATEI'm finished moving. Consider this a normal thread now!

2. Lazarus.Bird

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    And for those who aren't familiar with the Musicians, they can operate as a passive bass with the large knobs controlling V/B/T and when the active circuit is engaged by the switch then you have a 3 band EQ with the black knobs.

3. Toastfuzz

Toastfuzz

Jul 20, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Bump for a great seller and bass trader. Laz likes his Ibanez' and I'm sure if they spent some time in his possession, they are both in great shape and great players. And old Ibanez's are sweet, if these were natural finish and not colors I'd be all over it.

4. Lazarus.Bird

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Thanks man!

Have some interested in the ATK. Really interested in any and all trade bait. Basses only please.

5. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    I SO wish I had the cash/trade bait for the Musician. I'm pretty sure that's an 83 MC924. I had one of those in Pearl Black many years ago.

Is the pre noisy at all? I know people have said that some of the old pre's havent aged very well.

6. Lazarus.Bird

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    I don't recall having any issues with the active pre, even at high volume levels. I suppose making this thread without access to my gear may have been a poor decision, but I wanted to see if there was any interest. I will double check neck week but when I purchased the bass it was advertised as fully functional and I don't recall having any issues at all. 83 sounds like a good guess on the year. It is definitely from somewhere in that range of years.

7. Toastfuzz

Toastfuzz

Jul 20, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    You should put add my blue SR400 to your ad too, have 3 blue Ibanez' all from different eras / styles!

I've been meaning to post it up here just haven't gotten around to it

8. alembicguy

alembicguy I operate the worlds largest heavey equipment Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    Wish I had something for trade,really like the Musician!

9. Lazarus.Bird

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    I'd also be interested in most Gibsons, with full realization something extra would likely need to be added on my side.

10. Lazarus.Bird

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Got some interest in both basses. Once my move is done next week I'll put some pics up of the head stock of the Musician with the replaced tuner.

11. dozicusmaximus

dozicusmaximus

Mar 18, 2009
    Austin, TX
    I'm really diggin the Musician. I need money!!

12. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Bump for some nice blue twins!

13. Lazarus.Bird

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Monday bump. For those that have PM'd me I promise to get back to you first as soon as I finish my move at the end of this week regarding your questions. I am eyeing something up on eBay right now so a cash sale on one of these would be pretty nice.

14. waterboy

waterboy

May 31, 2009
    Montgomery, AL
    PM'ed

15. Lazarus.Bird

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Should have updated pics of the Musician headstock tonight.

16. Lazarus.Bird

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Some more pics of the Musician.

Front view of headstock with replaced tuner:
    IMG_20120115_092443.

Rear view, hole is from D-Tuner installed by previous owner:
    IMG_20120115_092517.

Side view of fretboard to show the minor finish run onto the side of the fretboard. This happens in several spots on the bass but is not noticeable unless you are looking right at it. Tried my best to capture it with my phone.

IMG_20120115_092532.

17. Lazarus.Bird

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Also, I'm finished moving, so everything is back to normal. I PM'd the previously interested people, but shoot me a message if you're interested in either of these! I just won a bass on eBay so cash can move them quick, but I'd still be interested in trades.

18. Free bump! I used to have the ATK700 in natural and really miss it. Any trade interest in my recently acquired Surveyor 4141? Like the ATK, it suffered some devaluation from blowout sales, but it is an ash/EMG slim-necked beauty; I personally like thicker necks, hence my inquiry.

PC280286.

19. Lazarus.Bird

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Thanks for the offer but not really what I'm looking for at the moment :)

20. Lazarus.Bird

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Put these up on my local CL as well. Have had some tire kickers but both basses are still available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.