1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT feeler; USA G&L L-2500

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Selta, Sep 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    So I've been playing this G&L for about 3 years now. Truly an amazing piece of bass; very versatile, comfortable to play, nice fast neck and in VG++ condition overall.
    However, it's becoming apparent as of late that this bass just isn't what I want exactly. After countless practices, recordings and gigs, I think it's time to start branching out and seeing what else is out there.
    I had a Stingray Classic 5, and honestly, that thing nailed the tone in my head. However, the neck and I just couldn't agree with each other. I can't explain what it was, but it was just not happy times. However, that is the kind of tone I'm looking for. Aggressive, in-your-face type tone. Think Eddie Jackson, some D'amour (Undertow er - especially Sober), some Peter Steele etc.
    Has to be a 5er for sure. Would like to get my hands on a Lull J 5, maybe a Sterling 5 HH, some Spector 5er or really just run suggestions past me. Worst I'll do is say no.
    I can add cash to the right trade...

For outright sell, I'd be looking for $1150 (neg.).
    Here's some eye candy for you all:
    http://thousandwatts.com/pics/G&L/

Not sure what it weighs... bathroom scale says 10 lbs on the mark, though I'm not sure how accurate those things are at such low values.

Comes with OHSC in good condition. Also has Dunlop straplocks. Just put a brand new set of EB Slinkies on it about three weeks ago, and they have maybe 6 hours of play time on them since.

2. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Sweet bass man, good luck with the sale.

3. Those inlays are sick.

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Oops. Took that pic down... it was a photoshop.

5. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    I normally go for bursts and naturals, but I'm digging the finish on that, especially with the binding! Plus an L-2500 is the bass I was most interested in. I'm thinking, I'm thinking ....

6. Yeah...I got it...

7. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    All PMs replied to.
    At this time I'm not really interested in amps, just basses.
    Have a couple of decent offers on the table, but I'm going to let them sit for now.

8. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    You could trade me this for it:
    EBMM Stingray 5 HH (bought from JOEY SQUID 6/1/2007)

:D

9. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Unfortunately that one and my P5 are going *nowhere*! :D

Since you cut-and-pasted from my profile, I assume you figured which one I'd offer in trade? I'd, of course, include some cash on top of that one to make it a fairer deal. How does the MIA Jazz Deluxe V fretless + $300 sound? I posted a For Sale ad for it a few months ago. You can find out all about that one in this thread and please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Wish I had the cash to buy it outright but we're putting a ton of money into our house right now and the only way I could get a new bass is to unload one of the ones I have.

10. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Awwww... but that Stingray told me it wants to come north!
    I can't do fretless justice and granted, if I spent time with it enough to learn I could, but I don't have the luxury of having a suitable bass for my band otherwise, so that won't fly :(.

11. dave64o

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ

Yeah, just like that G&L told me it wants to come south. ;)

Anyway, good luck with the sale. I can't imagine that sitting here for too long.

12. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Movin' it up for the late nighters.

13. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Totally forgot about this thread bump.

14. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    PMs being replied to at the moment. Interesting trade baits :)

15. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    All PMs replied to again. Not really looking to "deal" on the price, just FYI.

16. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Sadowsky's don't interest me. Nor do Jazz basses in general at the moment. Flurry of offers for those, but they're not going to do it.

17. Boombass76

Boombass76 Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Denmark
    BassCollect Blog & Shop (founder)
    Nice! Would love to try out an L-2500 someday...

18. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Up up

19. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    To the top.

20. Kristopher

Kristopher

Mar 13, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    free bump for an awesome looking bass. if i were to get another g and l, it would be one that looks like this one. that binding and blue are sick.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.