1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT - Feeler Warwick Corvette Standard 6 Bubinga Active (Korea)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by maguire, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maguire

maguire

Nov 24, 2010
    NYC / Westchester
    I'm thinking of letting go of the Warwick 6 string - I have an Ash Corvette 5 and haven't really used the 6 in a long time. This is a Korean made 2010 Warwick Standard Bolt-On Corvette. Weighs in at about 10 pounds. Pretty hefty hardwood. Bubinga body, Wenge fingerboard, Ovangkol neck with stripes.

http://www.warwick.de/modules/produkte/produkt.php?katID=24001

It is in pristine condition and plays perfectly. This bass has the finest and lowest action on all of my basses, but I'm just not finding it practical for my current playing situations. It's also the cleanest sounding bass I own, the active MEC's on the Bubinga sound excellent with a lot of tone control and clarity.

I'm not sure what these are going for at the moment. Can't seem to find them available at retail anymore. I would probably call it $900 and it's no different from when I purchased it for $1250 brand new last April. For shipping I have a gig bag that I can put it in. I also have the original box that I can include. Shipping would probably be around $50. I prefer to ship domestic only.

Any interest in this?

Trade interest includes (but not limited to):
    Big Al 5. With cash also moving to Al
    Fender American 5
    Warwick Bubinga 5

I've also got a mint Daphne Blue 65 reissue Mustang guitar - if there are any Big Al 5 traders out there. I'd trade the Corvette 6 and the Mustang straight up for a Big Al 5. Give your guitarist a present!

IMG_0889.
    IMG_0891.

2. maguire

maguire

Nov 24, 2010
    NYC / Westchester
    more pics

Attached Files:

3. Beautiful looking bass there!

How much does she weigh?

Is it bolt on neck or neck through?

Are the bass and treble controls boost only or boost and cut?

4. bongostealth

bongostealth Supporting Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    These are killer basses! I used to have one....and I regret selling it. The sound is incredible! The key to the sound is the woods. That's why Warwick's motto is "The Sound of Wood." And, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference in quality from a German-made model, because, in my opinion, there is no difference.

5. maguire

maguire

Nov 24, 2010
    NYC / Westchester
    Updated the information above - weighs in at around 10 pounds. Bolt On neck.

Electronics wise it has
    1. active and passive switch volume pot
    2. pickup blend
    3. stacked bass boost/cut, treble boost/cut

6. maguire

maguire

Nov 24, 2010
    NYC / Westchester
    Played in practice tonight.
    Maybe not ready to sell :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.