1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS-FT Feeler Washburn Bantem 5-string want Hohner B2AV headless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by julielaw2, Apr 9, 2009.

1. My first attempt at this so be forewarned that I may not fully understand the process.

I have a Washburn Bass Bantam 5 String
    Year: 1994
    Model Number: BX-500
    Serial Number: S5060330
    Condition: Mint
    Rosewood Fingerboard, 2 J PU'S, ACTIVE
    Guitar bluebook pricing is:

MSRP Price $900
    Used Retail $491-600
    Mint Trade In 305 -372
    Avg Trade In 189 - 231

The Washburn was recently set up and has new strings at cost of $70.

I would like to trade for a Hohner HEADLESS BASS B2AV with 5-STRING, Rosewood Fingerboard, 24 FRET. Red, Maple, black any color pretty much OK.
    Guitar bluebook pricing is:

MSRP Price $900
    Used Retail $471-510
    Mint Trade In 259 -316
    Avg Trade In 160 - 196

So based on the above, maybe I could get an even trade? The Washburn is in excellent condition rarely played. Never gigged with it.

RE: Hohner criteria: neck screw should be in excellent condition, in other words, the neck must be adjustable with a truss rod and the screw must not stripped. The pick ups should work with no buzz. The bridge should be in good shape. It should be silent when you plug it in i.e., no hum.

Photos of Washburn to follow.

I am located in the SF Bay area north of Carquinez Strait. Advice, suggestions, information, appreciated. Need info so talk to me. Thanks, JLhttp://www.talkbass.com/forum/images/smilies/guitarist.gif

2. Washburn front view
    DSCN2824.

3. Kenbuntu

Kenbuntu

Jun 6, 2005
    Ontario
    Actually, heres the Washburn front view :D

DSCN2824.

[ I M G ] not < >

4. Thanks Kenbuntu. I could not believe it was not standard code. Oh well, trial and error.