Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS/FT: Fender American Deluxe Jazz Neck

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by cecile, Jul 20, 2005.

1. I'm selling a 1998 Fender Deluxe jazz bass neck with a rosewood fb. Frets are in great condition. They are a couple of tiny dings on the back of the neck, they're pretty hard to see though. Nothing big. If you're interested, make an offer. I will accept trades. Buyer pays shipping. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
    thanks
    Photos

edit: please, no low ball offers

2. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    How much are you asking?

Do you know if it will fit on a Warmoth body?

3. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Cecile this still avail? If so PM me with the price.. Thanks

4. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    No. Warmoth bodies are routed for the standard 20 fret Fender style neck. This is a 22 fret neck, without fingerboard extension, meaning the heel extends to the end of the fingerboard. The only way it would fit would be to route the neck pocket more towards the bridge or move the bridge closer to the neck, otherwise you will have about a 35-1/2" scale bass with frets placed for 34" scale. (i.e. REALLY bad intonation).

PS. Yeah, how much $?

5. tonynoriega

tonynoriega Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    What items are you interested in trading for? Thx, Tony in Tampa

6. what do you have? another jazz bass neck would be cool but i'm open.

7. tonynoriega

tonynoriega Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I could trade a USA 80's Fender Bullet bass. It's all original as far as I know but at one time had a crack in the headstock that was repaired. It was headed for an auction on ebay. I also have some Nikon equipment as a possible trade. Thx, Tony

8. thanks for the offer, but i'll have to pass.
    bump

9. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Trade for a Sadowsky Outboard Preamp? or an EBS Octabass?

10. hmmm, I've been looking for a Sadowsky pre, but I'm not so sure about shipping the neck out of the country. I'll see how the action goes and if it doesn't sell, I'll most likely trade.

11. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    If you can let me know by Saturday if you want to do this, I can have the preamp brought to Canada, where I am right now. My wife flies on Sunday.