1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT: Fender custom MIM Jazz

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by NKUSigEp, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    I bought it new in January 2002 from GC and it's been my numero uno bass up until this past winter. Since then it has pretty much just sat in it's gig bag as I've moved on to using a Lakland P-bass and Warwicks.

I think the color is midnight wine, it has Seymour Duncan AJJ-1 active pickups and controls, All Parts bridge and black pearloid pickguard, MIA tuners, and Dunlop straplocks. Comes with Fender gig-bag and I'll throw in the strap with the straplock clips on it. It has a few miniscule scratches from using a pick and the usual minor wear on the top of the headstock and that's it. My bathroom scale says it's 9.25 lbs (but it also says I weigh 280 and I don't think I'm that heavy).

***SOLD***

Will sell for $375 shipped obo

OR

Will trade for (+/- cash if necessary):
    Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
    Aguilar gear
    Lakland Skyline basses
    Warwick Thumb or Streamer
    Anything Sherwood green
    Possibly something else...shoot me an offer

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. PM sent

3. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    Replied

4. pm sent

5. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    Back to the front

6. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    I play w/ a pick, and prefer a bass that has alot of deep low tone rather than crisp trebley highs. (cause of the bite I get w/ a pick). How would you decribe the tone possibilities you can get w/ these pickups and active circuitry?

7. haha thats a line from metallicas disposable heroes...

Bump for a sweet bass!

8. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    I feel like I'm on an old 80's dating show :D LOL j/k

Of course, all in my opinion, but this is gonna be your classic jazz bass tone but with more low end from the Duncans. They also keep everything even across the fretboard too so it's a well-balanced sound. The Duncans have a nice growl combined with the alder body and most people consider them a mix between Bartolini's warmth and EMG's clarity...I'd have to agree.

9. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    Do you accept PayPal?

10. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    Paypal E-Check (make sure you select the E-Check option if/when you pay), money orders are always good and so is cash from the locals.

I'm just trying to keep costs down as much as possible for everyone's benefit.

11. jtc_hunter

jtc_hunter

Feb 16, 2007
    pm sent

12. Scott in Dallas

Scott in Dallas Commercial User

Aug 16, 2005
    Dallas, north Texas
    Builder and Owner: DJ Ash Guitars
    Since I doubt you'd want my Ibanez, you aren't looking for Mustang parts are you? I have a ton of those. :)

13. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    Probably not...Got anything for an F-150?

14. Scott in Dallas

Scott in Dallas Commercial User

Aug 16, 2005
    Dallas, north Texas
    Builder and Owner: DJ Ash Guitars
    I've got an unloaded 212 sub cabinet for an F150 and a diablo chip for a 2v/4v engine. Everything else is for a Mustang or a Cobra.

15. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    Sorry man, F-150's only here and my stereo's big enough as it is. Dad's got a '94 Mustang but it's the most basic model I've ever seen and he loves the hell out of it just the way it is. I guess it's kind of his way of reliving the old '66 Fastback he had way back when.

In any event...possible deal in the works so bump for that.

16. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    Got the money for it today and it's on it's way.

Better treat it right! ;)

17. I sure will - I love this thing!

Thanks alot

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 24, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.