1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT: Fender Jazz Bass Special

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ianm76, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ianm76

ianm76

Sep 24, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'm selling one of my 80's MIJ Jazz Bass Specials. It's been upgraded with Hipshot Tuners and Seymour Duncan pickups (Quarter Pounder SPB-3 in the neck position and a Hot Stack Jazz STK-J2 in the bridge position.

Willing to trade for a nice 5 string bass or maybe a Geddy Jazz Bass.

This bass is in great condition and sounds great!

$550 shipped in the US only...

I'll put up some more pics tomorrow.

Ian

Attached Files:

2. ianm76

ianm76

Sep 24, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    More pics and a couple of things I forgot to mention:

This will ship in a decent condition generic hardshell case. I have the original pickups and tuners IF the buyer wants them, if not I'll keep them. The neck pickup is a Duncan, however the pickup cover wouldn't fit without routing the body, so the stock cover was put on. There are a few small dings in the headstock and one on the curve in the body where your forearm would be.

I am also considering selling my black Jazz Bass Special (black one with black neck). It has the same mods (all original parts, too), plus the E string tuner is a Hipshot D-Tuner. PM me if you want pics...

Attached Files:

3. What's the nut width(on both)? And is the black one's neck black on the back?

4. ianm76

ianm76

Sep 24, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yes, the back of the neck is black, too. The white one's nut width is 1 1/2", the black one is 1 9/16". I never noticed this, I can't feel a difference between the two. From the research I've done on these, it seems the ones with the black necks are older, and the serial numbers on mine would support that theory (both "E")...

EDIT: According to the owner's manual, the radius is 7 1/4"...

If you want to send me your email, I can send you pics of the black one and a pdf of the owner's manual...

5. ianm76

ianm76

Sep 24, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Friday morning bump!

6. ianm76

ianm76

Sep 24, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Bump!

7. ianm76

ianm76