Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS/FT - Fender MIA Jazz Bass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by pmkelly, Jul 19, 2002.

1. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I've decided that this bass is sitting around way to much, and I really need to get some other gear, so this one is on the market... The bass is a '97 in very good condition. I replaced the pups with Dimarzio Model J's and had to put a new control panel on that I got from warmoth... the control panel does not quite match up with the pickguard, but it is very close. Maple neck, rosewood fretboard, everything in fine condition...

The asking price for the bass is 750$. That will include an SKB hardshell case. Shipping will be paid by the buyer.

If you want to work a trade for this, then let me know... I am interested in another p-bass, either a MIA standard or MIA hotrod. Let me know what you've got! Thanks for looking.... P@

[​IMG]

2. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    that price is to high!
    i saw a p-bass hotrod for $400!
    i wanted to buy it so bad.
    and i just bought my MIA jazz for $859 NEW! 2001.
    and bassnw.com has one for $699. and it is a 2001.
    might be intrested if the price is lower.
    steve

3. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    what are you, some kind of consumer advisory commision? The price is just fine for an upgraded jazz in great condition... If you don't like the price, then make an offer.... that is what haggling is all about! But thanks for noticing...

:rolleyes:

P@

4. The P-Bass hotrod is an unfair comparison, because those are taking a nosedive in price because it looks like Fender is gonna discontinue them for a bit.

and IMO, 750 is fine for a bass this purty. :)