Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS/FT Fender MIJ 75 Reissue

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by SoyBase, Apr 13, 2004.

1. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    It turns out that I'm just not a Jazz bass kinda guy. I'm selling this to buy another (hopefully older) Stingray. I got this from Chuck off the Dude Pit about 4 or so months ago. This thing plays like butter, sounds great and looks even better. The tone is classic Fender Jazz..You can see from the back of the neck that its got some killer flame maple. I can't say I've ever seen in on another Jazz.

Specs:
    Ash body/Rosewood FB with binding and pearl blocks.
    Upgraded to Dimarzio Ultrajazz pickups (Have the stockers, but they're pretty microphonic)
    Upgraded Gotoh 201 bridge (Have the stocker)
    Tortoise PG (Have the white as well)
    Fender pickup covers (I have the bridge cover new, but it won't fit over the 201)
    Original "Vintage" tuners.
    SKB style hardshell case included as well.

This thing is clean. It has a 1/4 inch ding between the E and A tuner, and a few pin hole dings (just in the finish, none are deep). The neck is straight as an arrow and the action is nice and low. The thing growls, but the tone just isnt me..I'm a pure-bred Stingray guy.

Heres what I'm intersted in for trades: Anything from 78-92ish Stingray 4 in great shape. I'd like the 2-band EQ, but I'll take the 3. I like lots o' birdseye in the neck and all that.

I'll sell it straight up as well. You know what they sell for, so PM or post some offers and we'll see what happens.

Thanks
    Tommy

2. odie

odie Supporting Member

Pm me the price. Also would a 97'/98' Ray black with lots o' birdseye in neck work??

3. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    bumpin' it on up....

4. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    For those that have asked, I'll try and have the pics of the ding in the headstock up tonight after work..

Thanks
    Tommy

5. Slightly off topic, but what are those dimarzio ultra jazz pups like? Apologies for going a bit off topic.

6. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    The Ultra Jazz sound great. They sound close to stock, but have a little more highs and lows..Smoother sounding if you will, but still have the "bite" that the 75 Jazz gives.

If you're looking for something to change the sound of your jazz, then these aren't it..They enhance whats already there, if that makes sense.

7. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    Another bump before its off to the "Bay"..

8. Want a Fender Jazz MIJ Fretless ?

9. SoyBase

SoyBase

Jul 1, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    I appreciate the offer, but I'm just not a jazz bass kind of guy...plus having no speed bumps on my fret-board would really mess me up :D

10. If I weren't so attached to my TBC I'd trade you.

It's blown the strings off any Stingray I have ever touched.

11. JYD

JYD Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2001
    USA