1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS/FT: Fender MIM Jazz Deluxe 5 with upgrades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dcr, Apr 10, 2009.

1. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Greetings!

Well, I'm about to get finished with one of my projects and thought I'd put it up FS/FT here.

It's a MIM Fender Jazz Deluxe 5. Candy Apple Red, tort guard, rosewood board. Upgrades include: Fender SCN pickups from a Victor Bailey, and full shielding paint job. Strung with TI Jazz Flats.

Bass is in Good Condition overall. A few swirls, nicks, and dings -- it's not prisitine -- but it's not beat up either. Only really significant scratches are a few back by the electronics cover on the back (kids, workbenches, and wood don't mix:rollno:). Few dings on the headstock as well.

Comes with a decent gigbag or a beater hardcase -- your choice.

Asking $335 shipped CONUS. Just as soon trade for a used head. Something in the same price range, like a Carvin B800/B1500, GK 700/800/1001, SWR Bass 350/SM400S, Ampeg B2R...you get the idea. Plus/minus cash as required.

Pix should be up later today or tomorrow.

Thanks for looking!

dcr

2. jeremyr

jeremyr

Sep 4, 2006
    Maywood, IL
    you interested in a Series II Acme Low-B II ?

3. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Hmmm...I really like Acme cabs, but I'm cab-heavy at this point. AAMOF, I've got at least one I'll likely be selling and have actually already shopped it around privately.

Thanks for the offer, though!

dcr

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Do you have any pics? This is a great temptation for my broke a$$!:D

5. Joe Kyle

Joe Kyle

Oct 18, 2008
    Connecticut
    damn, i wish i had cash. possibly trade for an 03 highway one p-bass? we could work something out.

6. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Sorry, I really don't play 4-strings any more. Out of all my basses, I'm down to two 4's -- an Azola original BugBass EUB and my '69 P-Bass. And neither see any play time at all.

Thanks for the interest!

dcr

7. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Okay, so I've got this one back together.

The shielding paint (two coats) did a pretty good job, so it's much quieter than it was.

Strung up with TI Jazz Flats -- smooth!

Pickguard goes on tonight and I'll get final pix up.

Still just as interested in trades as outright sale. Still asking only $335 shipped CONUS, but that is pretty much my bottom dollar, so no low-balls please. Gigbag on the way from a TBer, and I'll add pix when it gets here.

If it doesn't leave from here pretty quick, I'll send it back to eBay.

Thanks!

dcr

8. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Yet still no pictures... "If it doesn't leave from here pretty quick, I'll send it back to eBay."

I just can never understand how people expect to motivate a buyer to make a purchase with no photo's of what the person will be buying...

9. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

*********************Previous Response Deleted******************

Apologies to all who saw my original post in this space, and especially to stflbn. Sorry if I over reacted.

I understand your question, and I probably agree, at least in theory. However, I paid my $20 and I can post whatever I wish, as long as I stay within the rules.

Peace!

dcr

10. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    sure you don't want my WAV4? :D

free bump anyways...best wishes on the sale

11. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

PM sent to zackbass.

dcr

12. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Closing this one and starting over...with pix!

dcr