1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT Fender Urge Stu Hamm Signature (MIM) Active J/J 32"

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by DeivoxCarnal, Oct 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a Stu Hamm Signature bass with hardshell case.
    Both are in pretty decent shape.
    The case has a few scuffs and one of the little feet is missing.
    The bass has only minor flaws on the surface, which of course are kind of hard to photograph on a black bass.
    The A string has a shim right now because as soon as I bought this bass I got some flatwound strings (the only one GC had) so the A is slightly loose, piece of paper is working fine for me, but a new set of strings would do the trick, and it could use a fresh set-up.

I'm not sure how much she weighs, but it's light as a feather and the medium 32" scale combined with a jazz width neck and flatwound strings make it a pleasure to play.

I've had her for a year, and I still always either reach for my Ibanez or Gretsch. This is my 3rd Fender and I'm starting to think that maybe I'm just not a Fender guy. Until I can afford a Stingray I think I'm going to stick to my Ibanez ATK.

I'm asking $420 shipped. That's with the HSC. I don't think I want to sell it without the HSC, though

Last time it was shipped it cost me $75 so that's what I'm asking for shipping. It's on Craigslist right now at 350.

So if you're a TB'er willing to pick it up in Dallas, TX I'll drop the shipping charges.

Alternatively if you have something to trade that isn't a bass I'll consider bringing the price down. (I've got 3 basses and I can only play 2 of them at a time :p )

Open to partial trades for pedals, recording gear etc. Just shoot me an offer. Could use a versatile dirt pedal, a new A/D converter (Mbox?) honestly anything could catch my interest and cut down on your costs, so lemme know :D

Attached Files:

2. bassobrutto

bassobrutto Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    PM sent.

3. circuitspore

circuitspore

Aug 27, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    What is the neck width @ the heel on this model? Is it 2.5" like full-scale Fenders?

4. This beauty is a medium scale, so if you're thinking of swapping necks/bodies it would have to be one with a 32" scale or your intonation is gonna be way off.

Assuming you already knew that, I just measured it and it appears to be two and three fourths, 2.75"

I got a trade offer on a Ray34CA and it's a very tempting offer, but I'm still holding out for cash for the time being, though I would like to make a decision soon.

5. circuitspore

circuitspore

Aug 27, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    I asked because I like necks than are narrower than a standard Fender, and I've been toying with the idea of picking up another mid-scale instrument. At 2.75" that would make it a shorter scale but with wider string spacing than a Precision or Jazz. Interesting combo.

6. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    This bass was my first ever "good bass." Have not seen one in a very long time. Glwts.

7. I went ahead and measured at the nut too, and it was 1.625" (1 and 5/8")
    I could have sworn it was only 1.5 since the neck plays so fast.
    IMO a very comfortable instrument, but not the sound that I'm looking for at this moment.

The deal for that Sterling 34 is looking nicer and nicer.
    If I get time tonight I'll record a few riffs and upload them.

8. Bass is on it's way to it's new home with user slap2much!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.