1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT: Fender USA Precision Elite II ... Rare Crimson Burst .... Price Drop !!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ubado, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    Last Price Drop to keep it in the TB family .... $1,265 Shipped
    ($$ Sale Price .... not Trade Value ;))

Calling all basses .... straight up ... or trade + $$! :)

83' Fender Precision Elite II. I'll spare you the sales man song and dance about them. All I'll say is .... the hoopla is right .... these P's kill tone-wise.

Overall excellent condition. Rare Crimson Burst. Body is in excellent condition ... one small ding, light surface scratches with one area where it looks like someone tried to get a sticker off .... can only see the light scratches in a certain lighting angle ... they should buff out easily.

The bridge shows some age. The tone knob is a bit scratchy in one spot .... if you move it around on a regular basis, it works itself out ... some contact cleaner should do the trick.

The neck has one ding on the back at the 12th fret. There is an obligatory cigarette burn on the headstock. Frets show wear, but are in good overall condition .... could use a dressing. Truss rod and micro tilt work as they should.

Side note: The serial number gives it a dating of 83' (see pic) .... however the neck is stamped (either Jan or Feb) of 84'. I figure it's one of the last Elite II's to be made OR it's a custom ordered Elite that crossed the 83' dating (I haven't seen this color in a Elite II .... so it just might have been).

Just to clear up any confusion .... this is not a parts Fender Elite II .... the serial number and stamping discrepancy is all Fender's doing. :D

*** additional info ***

The neck profile is thinner than usual P necks (front to back), 1.75" @ the nut, 19mm string spacing @ the bridge.

Active Dual split single coils with Passive controls.

The controls (neck to bridge): Vol / Pickup selector switch (neck, both, bridge) / Vol / Tone selector 3-way switch / Master Tone.

The tone is buttery smooth ... The neck "P" solo'd gives you the standard "P" tone. Both "P's" give you a thicker/smoother tone than that of a PJ.

Includes a non original hard case.

*** Will entertain partial trades that include a BadAss II (slotted) bridge, AND Jazz Pickups (that fit Fender bodies) ... so if you have both to offer .... PM me. :) ***

No Jazz basses please (already have one).

Sale Price: $1,265.00 Shipped (BIG PRICE DROP !!! :eek:).
    Straight trades .... bass value should be $1,300 - $1,500 .... unless it just blows me away ;)
    However, I'm still mainly looking for a trade + $$.

PM me for more pics.

Cheers!

P1030894.

P1030899.

P1030900.

2. loend68

loend68 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2008
    NH
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses, T.C. Electronics
    This thing is so sexy....wish I had the dough.....or a bass I was willing to part with...

3. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Ampeg , GHS
    I wish you wanted a 4 and a 5!! :(

4. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH
    Whats the weight?

5. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    Just about 10.5 +/- lbs. on my kitchen pound scale.

6. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Cincy, OH

Thanks!

7. Jaymi

Jaymi Pink Bass Man

Feb 11, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Ampeg , GHS
    see my previous post....

8. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader" Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    what kind of trades? I got lots of stuff and parts....definitely interested

9. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    PM'ed Ya. :)

Not looking for gear ... all set.
    $1,265 Shipped Out-Right sale ($$ price only)
    Trades and/or + $$ will be expected to be higher than "Out-Right" sale price ... after all $$ is King. :smug:
    I may accept passive Jazz PU's and/or Badass II bridge as part of trade if needed.

10. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    Deals falling through left and right ... BUMP. :meh:

11. ubado

ubado

Mar 7, 2007
    FL
    This bass is on-hold pending payment.

Sold on evilBay ($1,330.00 shipped)... but with a growing number of non-paying bidders ... you may see it again.

Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.