1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/FT: Fretless SX P neck (rosewood fingerboard)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by crazyfish, Mar 11, 2008.

1. crazyfish

crazyfish

Sep 13, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    SOLD

I bought this right handed SX P a while ago in fretless, but I'm just not digging the lack of frets anymore. The neck is pretty much brand new, as the bass was never gigged and overall only a few hours of play were logged on it. Pics are at http://www.partyhard.info/sxneck

Will sell outright for $45 shipped CONUS, including tuners and string tree. I will even throw in the stock flats that came on the SX.

Stuff I might want in trade:

Fretted SX P neck, right handed, including tuners and string tree (maple board highly preferred) HIGHLY PREFERRED TRADE (even)
    Gotoh 201 in chrome (+ small cash from you)
    Badass II in chrome (+ small cash from me)
    Nordstrand NP4, Fralin P, or Fender '62RI P pup (+ cash from me)
    Tech 21 XXL Bass edition (+ cash from me)

If you've got other trade ideas, throw them at me.

2. I just ordered the SX SPB57 3TS. Has a maple board. I don't have any need for a fretless neck though. I just checked the tracking number and the bass will be here Thurs. I plan on removing the neck. Was gonna put a Squier neck on it, but I don't think the holes line up. At least my rosewood SX jazz neck wouldn't work for the squier body. It fits, but holes dont line up. So, I'm hopin' my SX Jazz neck will work on the PBass I have comin'. I like the slimmer jazz neck.

I was gonna list it at $50 shipped.

Steve

3. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    how is the fretboard? is it level or does it have any buzz near the fret lines? only reason I ask is because I have a maple boarded fretless SX and the board isn't completely level.

Might be interested in a trade, i have a Fralin P pickup I pulled out of my '76 Precision a couple months ago.

4. crazyfish

crazyfish

Sep 13, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    I'd really like the maple neck to go on this body so that would be pretty grand.

5. crazyfish

crazyfish

Sep 13, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    I just picked up and played the bass on every fret line and the only buzzing I heard was near the bridge (that's what you get for including cheap, skinny flatwounds on a cheap bridge).

I'd definitely be interested in the Fralin P. If anything, I can buy/trade for your Fralin and pick up the neck from SRT80.

6. crazyfish

crazyfish

Sep 13, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    I have a pending cash offer. If it falls through, I'll probably do the trade for the Fralin and buy SRT80's maple neck. I'll update when I get more info.

7. crazyfish

crazyfish

Sep 13, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Neck is SOLD pending recipt of money order.

8. crazyfish

crazyfish

Sep 13, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    Payment received and neck shipped out.