1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT G&L Tribute L2500 and Fender Jazz(MIM)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Exemonium, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exemonium

Exemonium Supporting Member

May 13, 2010
    Well, there comes a time in a bassists life when it's time to upgrade :hyper: Now is that time for me! Certainly not to a boutique but a Warwick, American Fender, EBMM, etc

First is The Fender Jazz. $300 SOLD
    -Typical, standard Made in Mexico Fender Jazz (2001). I bought this used, and since have taken fantastic care of it, it's still very fresh, I didn't play it too often, never gigged it. It was my own joy toy just to try one, have one, enjoy one. I never call anything mint unless I pull it out of the box straight from the factory, so this is in very near mint condition. No buckle rash, no swirling, some slight dust, no scratches, gouges, etc. It's very clean, I assure you.

Specs:
    Body: Alder
    Neck: Maple, Modern "C" Shape, (Tinted Satin Urethane Finish)
    Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5 in. Radius (241 mm)
    No. of Frets: 20 Medium Jumbo Frets
    Pickups: 2 "New" Standard Jazz Bass Single-Coil Pickups
    Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
    Bridge: Standard Vintage Style with Single Groove Saddles
    Machine Heads: Standard
    Hardware: Chrome
    Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
    Scale Length: 34 in. (863.6 mm)
    Width at Nut: 1.50 in. (38 mm)

PHOTOS http://www.flickr.com/photos/55850579@N07/sets/72157625269240217/

[​IMG]

Next is the G&L Tribute L2500 ($350) SOLD
    -This was my first bass after searching and trying many types, brands, numbers of strings, p/up configs, active, passive etc. Purchased it very used. Have since cleaned it up as best I could. The previous owner had it as his main gigging bass for a little while. There's been some harsh paint checking on the back as you'll see. It's actually not from a physical injury, the pain has literally cracked itself. The photos do make it look worse than it does, which I did on purpose) There's typical wear and tear on the bass, scuffs, scratches. However the front of the bass is relatively clean, typical swirling and such, the previous owner clearly used a pick, but I was able to clean a lot of that up. And lastly, the bridge strap button seems to be recessed a bit, but looks as if it was repaired. I wore it with a strap every day for months at a time, sometimes 2 show day and never had 1 problem with it.

Now the important part...the sound is phenomenal! Playability is tops. The tone options on this bass are ridiculously endless...and TB'ers seem to be the only ones that know this haha. The electronics and inner health of the bass are just fine, neck/frets fine. Plays great, it's been my 1 and only gigging bass since I got it. I don't gig bars, I play for musical theater so I needed the versatility.

here are some specs I found:

PICKUPS: 2 Fullerton-made G&L Magnetic Field Design humbucking pickups
    BODY WOOD: Swamp Ash (was previously incorrect, my apologies)
    NECK WOOD: Hard Rock Maple with Rosewood fingerboard
    NECK RADIUS: 12 in. (304.8mm)
    NECK WIDTH AT NUT: 1-3/4 in. (44.5mm)
    TUNING KEYS: Open-back traditional tuners
    BRIDGE: G&L Saddle Lock bridge, string-through-body configuration. Nickel plated die-cast saddles.

CONTROLS:
    * G&L Tri-Tone active/passive electronics
    * 3-way mini-toggle pickup selector
    * series/parallel mini-toggle
    * preamp control mini-toggle (off/on/on with high frequency EQ boost)

PHOTOS http://www.flickr.com/photos/55850579@N07/sets/72157625389080646/

[​IMG]

May sell as a pair for less as well.

I'm mostly hoping to sell as I've got a local seller with a Warwick corvette standard 5 str at a fantastic price.

However, I'm more than willing to listen to any trade offers. I only need bass though, as These are all I have. I'm quite happy to trade both towards one nicer one. I prefer 5 str, but am still quite open to 4's. Warwicks, EBMM, and fenders are at the top of my list for trades. Also, I'm not so much into Ibanez.

2. Exemonium

May 13, 2010
    The prices listed are include shipping for the contiguous 48 states.

3. Exemonium

May 13, 2010
    "The "I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me" bump ;)

4. Exemonium

May 13, 2010
    Having second thoughts about the G&L ... O.O Also, have a couple trade interest for Jazz. Keep 'em coming :)

5. smcbass

smcbass

Nov 17, 2010
    I'm in the process of buying my first bass. If you still intend to sell the G&L L-2500 Tribute, a few questions:

1) Does it come with a case or gig bag?

2) Is the neck radius 12" as the current model?

3) Would you characterize it overall as more like a Jazz or a Precision?

Thanks,
    smcbass

6. Exemonium

May 13, 2010
    It sure is, smcbass! I'm sure it's like a sentimental thing haha, after all it was my first bass.

1) unfortunately I never got a case with it. I purchased a roadrunner which is my only case for my basses, so I need to keep it to transport my bass to gigs.

2) As far as I can tell, what I've looked up, and from what it looks/feels like it's a 12" Radius.

3) Do you mean sound jazz or Precision? or neck? Cause sound, it's kind of it's own monster. The switches allow you to get a lot of different tones out of it. One is preamp, off/on/on with treble boost, one is series/parallel, and the 3rd is pickup selector. Here's a link for a demo to hear what this guy can do. The demo is for a 4 string but there's some out there for 5's too. This just shows the most tonal options.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT4AP58jC5o&playnext=1&list=PL241E55209C7F61C0&index=3

As far as the neck, I'm not too sure, I've not played a 5 string jazz or precision, but I know I love the feel of this one.
    I hope that was to some help to Smcbass, as well as others.

Also, Payment pending on Jazz bass!!

7. Exemonium

May 13, 2010
    Possibly looking towards the Sterling line of Musicman basses, mainly SB14, but also like the the Ray 34 and Ray35

8. Exemonium

May 13, 2010
    Fender is sold, keep the offers coming for the G&L. :)

9. Exemonium

May 13, 2010
    Bumper cars

10. stephenleejp

stephenleejp Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2008
    Virginia Beach
    PM sent

11. stephenleejp

stephenleejp Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2008