1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT: Gallien Krueger 1001 RBII Head & two 410MBE cabinets $1100 for all Boston Area

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by gmarcus, Jul 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmarcus

gmarcus Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2003
    Price Drop - $950 for everything local pick up

Local Boston Area sale only for the Cabinets. I'll ship the head if I sell the cabinets separately first. This is a great rig, but I just don't need this much volume so out it goes.

Loud, Light and Punchy!
    Excellent condition

$400 GK 1001 RBII Bass Head 700 watts, built in DI, 22lbs with GK carrying case (~8 years old and never ever had a problem)
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/gallien-krueger-1001rb-ii-700-50w-biamp-bass-head
    http://www.rmcaudiodirect.com/Gallien-Krueger-GK-RoadCase-p/gk-roadcase.htm

$300 each 2 GK 410 MBE cabinets 8 ohms, 800Watts and 45lbs each. These are sealed cabinets and are about as small and light as possible for a 4X10 cabinet. Neo speakers keep the weight down. (~1 year old)
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampl...x10-ultralight-bass-speaker-cabinet-with-horn

2 Speakon speaker cables

The head and one cabinet is enough for almost any rig. Add the second cabinet for big out door shows or if you play with a really loud band. This rig has a real pro sound that is easy to eq for any type of music. I've played rock, country, blues and reggae through it. Easily handles a low B string at high volume. I added acoustic stuffing to the cabinets to make them sound much better than stock. These are tighter with much cleaner mid range than the stock cabinets. I also added rubber feet to one of the cabinets, which makes the stack a lot more stable and reduces coupling to boomy stages.

See Thread about it here
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/gk-410mbe-mods-785123/

I will consider selling the cabinets separately, but the head has to go with at least one cabinet. I need to make room in the basement and I really can't use this much rig anymore. I'm just too old to be playing this loud :)

Will consider a trade for a Music Man Stingray Classic 5 string or a newer (2008 +) 5 string Fender American standard Jazz or P-bass.

Attached Files:

2. gmarcus

Apr 4, 2003
    Bump

3. gmarcus

Apr 4, 2003
    Local sale pending on one of the cabinets

4. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    Subscribed...

5. gmarcus

Apr 4, 2003
    Arrrg local craig's list buyer flakes out. Everything is still available.

6. gmarcus

Apr 4, 2003
    I have someone who wants to buy the head and someone who wants to buy one cab if he can sell his cabs. Won't sell the head until I sell both cabs, but I will ship the head.........The suspense builds

7. gmarcus

Apr 4, 2003
    Now another local guy wants the head and a cab on Tuesday getting close to a sale I Hope

8. gmarcus

Apr 4, 2003
    Nope Craig's list guy flakes again. It's all still available, but one cab might sell next week to a talk bass brother!

9. gmarcus

Apr 4, 2003
    Bump

10. gmarcus

Apr 4, 2003
    And bump

11. gmarcus

Apr 4, 2003
    So why am I selling this? Simple it's too much for me. This is s great rig for a rock band. I'm pushing 50 and a MB212 combo is all I really need. Honestly this stack slays the MB212 in tone tightness and volume, but the combo also doubles as a nice comfy seat.........oh how my priorities have changed.

Buy it quick before I change my mind.

12. gmarcus

Apr 4, 2003
    Bump

13. gmarcus

Apr 4, 2003
    I'd consider a trade for a nice light 5 string bass or super 12 cabinet and head of some type. Really like to keep this local.

14. gmarcus

Apr 4, 2003
    Bump for a price drop

15. gmarcus

Apr 4, 2003
    Another price drop $950 for everything including a soft GK gig case for the Head, 2 Speakon cables and extra long heavy duty power cord. I'd really like to sell this locally. Had a few inquiries to ship it.

16. xMaxBASSx

xMaxBASSx

Mar 6, 2009
    Mansfield MA
    would you consider a trade +cash for a gk backline combo?

17. gmarcus

Apr 4, 2003
    Maybe a lot of cash like $900 I really don't need another combo, but can you describe it? What else you you have to trade?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.