SOLD FS/ FT: Gallien Krueger 2001 RBP Preamp / Mint!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Zooberwerx, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Racked upon receipt a few months back and gigged a dozen or so times. Here's the dope:

Up for grabs is my GK 2001 RBP preamp, complete with foot pedal, cable, and manual. Its a great sounding pre but, frankly, it just has too much crap on it for my needs. I'm referring specifically to the A / overdrive channel. Works perfectly if you're into that sort of thing but I'm in a country band, for cryin' out loud. A handful of the features:

*Mute switch (handy!)
    *-14 dB input pad
    *A/B channel selector
    *4 band EQ on the B channel
    *Boost control (similar to SansAmp's drive)
    *Separate Woofer / Tweeter level controls (I'll explain below)
    *4/5 string voicing switch

I'll also include a balanced TRS cable so you can feed your power amp from the "Chain Out" output. This preamp was designed to provide a biamped signal to a proprietary GK amplifier which, as legend has it, never made it off the drawing board. As it stands, the balanced cable carries both the low and high-end (>5 khz) signals to the balanced input of your power amp, where the content of both is summed. As a result, the tweeter control and high-cut provide impressive control over the high end content. Cumbersome to explain but effective, nonetheless.

I'm asking $320 shipped and will consider trade offers...preamps, basses, combos, whatever. Pics up sometime tomorrow as its after midnite and I'm tired. Please PM me with any questions, comments, etc.

Riis

2. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    GK2001Front-1.jpg

GK2001Back-1.jpg

Taken in the shade but you get the idea. Super-clean condition.

Riis

3. Rockman

Rockman

Mar 2, 2006
    Oh man, I wish it was two months down the road then I'd be all over this.

4. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Hey, you never know. If stuff sits on the forum w/o a lot of interest, I generally don't bump it along so it ends up on page 79. File this away and check back in two months.

Then again, it might find a new home tonight so don't dawdle!

Riis

5. MikeyB5

MikeyB5 Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Chicago
    PM'd you with trade offer.

6. Zooberwerx

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Looks like this one is gone!

Riis

7. Rockman

Rockman

Mar 2, 2006
    Awww man.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.