1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT. Geddy Lee w/All Parts Neck. Tons of Upgrades.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Tslicebass, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tslicebass

Tslicebass Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2007
    Chicago
    For Sale is my recently assembled Franken-Geddy Jazz Bass. $575 Shipped!!! Also, will now consider parting out the neck and body. PM me if interested.

Body is a 04/05 Geddy Jazz. You know the deal. Alder Body, 70's Pickup Spacing.
    Loaded with Aguilar 4J-60's Jazz Pickups (60's style pickups in 70's spacing makes for a real cool sound). Bridge is a threaded saddle, vintage type Fender bridge found on most vintage reissue basses. I'm not a fan of the Badass bridges... but same mounting pattern so you could drop one right in if it's your thing. B/W/B pickguard from WD Music, fits perfectly. Also comes with black Dunlop Dual Design Strap Locks. Original Geddy Pots, Knobs and Plate.

Neck is an All Parts Maple with Black Blocks and Binding. The stock Geddy Necks are a little to small for my tastes so threw one of these on instead.
    Loaded with heavy duty Schaller BM style tuners and an extra bonus. A genuine Fender Hipshot Detuner on the E String. :bassist:

Only imperfections are (See Pics)
    Chip in paint on top side of the bass (not visibly from audience), and a very small chip in the paint near the top side of the neck and body joint. Some minor swirling on the pickguard. And some barely noticeable light finish scratches and very small dings near the butt end of the bass. (None are thru the finish). No belt rash. Also, when I was trying to install the straplocks I stripped one of the screws. So the buttons are screwed in with wider head screws. They function fine as strap buttons but do not work as strap locks. It is an easy repair if you can get the right screws. I will include the rest of the strap locks.
    There are also some small scuffs in the finish (not the wood) on the neck. Most are on the top side of the headstock. And there is one ding in the neck near the double dots on the 12th fret.

This bass was assembled by the bass doctor, Carl Pedigo of Lakland Basses. He is my main luthier/repair guy in Chicago. He did all the wiring and assembly as well as giving it a setup and giving the neck a once over (filing fret ends and leveling frets). Also, as a huge bonus, Carl routed out a truss rod adjustment access point under the pickguard. So if you want to adjust it you don't have to take off the neck... just the pickguard.

This bass plays like a dream and is a slap monster. Weight according to the ol' fedex scale is 9.85 lbs. Balances really well on a strap. The smallest amount of dive when sitting down.

I put about $900 into this bass between all the upgrades and setup. I put it together to hold me over when I sold my Valenti and was waiting on my new Bordwell. Since the new bass is arrived, there is no room for this one... although I would love to keep it as a slap specialty bass :)
    Will ship in a standard fender gig bag. Local sale preferred... we can discuss the price for a local pickup.
    Pics
    DSCN1513.
    DSCN1519.
    DSCN1520.
    DSCN1527.
    DSCN1525.

Blemishes
    DSCN1528.
    DSCN1529.
    DSCN1530.
    DSCN1531.
    DSCN1537.
    DSCN1540.

2. Tslicebass

Jun 12, 2007
    Chicago
    For trades. Mostly interested in semi hollow vintage type instruments. Hofners, violin basses, etc. Other offers will be entertained but really need to net some cash on this one to put into a project bass.

3. Tslicebass

Jun 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Bumping it. Can get sound clips if you are interested. :bassist:

4. Tslicebass

Jun 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Price Drop!!!
    $700 Shipped. Great deal on a great bass. :bassist:

5. Tslicebass

Jun 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Bump. No interest yet... Would it help if I threw a Badass bridge on here or fixed the strap lock screw situation???
    This is as good as a used Geddy with serioous upgrades in the tuner and pickup department.
    :bassist:

6. Tslicebass

Jun 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Price Drop. $650 Shipped. Will now consider parting out and selling the neck and body separate.

7. Tslicebass

Jun 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Price Drop $625 shipped to your door.

8. Tslicebass

Jun 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Bump. Updated weight info.

9. Tslicebass

Jun 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Price Drop Bump. $600 o.b.o :bassist:

10. Tslicebass

Jun 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Bump. Final Price drop. $575 shipped to your door. I will not lower the price anymore than this. If it doesn't go at this price I am keeping it. I will separate the body and neck for the right price. PM me if interested. :bassist:

11. Tslicebass

Jun 12, 2007
    Chicago
    Sold Locally :bassist:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.