Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD FS/FT Hanewinckel Classic Vector 5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by freakbass, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freakbass

freakbass "Pile-drivingly Heavy" since 1983

I have a Hanewinckel Classic Vector 5 that is absolutely pristine! So close to mint, it's not even funny.

Vector body style; Maple/Wenge neck; Wenge fingerboard; Mahogany body, Optional P/Series switch on neck P/U; Optional black hardware. Bartolini 9v preamp and Bartolini pickups. 34" scale. Comes with like-new Hanewinckel padded gig bag.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Go here for a review of this bass:
    http://www.talkbass.com/reviews/showproduct.php/product/144/sort/7/cat/13/page/2

Asking $1500 OBO, which includes UPS shipping to the lower 48. Trades for 24 fret, 35"scale 5'ers and 6+'ers will be entertained.

Thanks!

2. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I owned this bass for a while and it was absolutely awesome! If it wasn't for a nagging shoulder problem, there's no way I would have let it go but I now am forced to use only the lightest, ultra-light instruments. :bawl:

I can vouch for Justin, too: excellent guy to deal with. Somebody is gonna be REALLY happy to score this one. It's a smoker! :eek:

3. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    Good lookin bass

4. freakbass

thanks for the props, guys!

5. freakbass

6. freakbass

bump and new lower price. $1500 OBO shipped.

7. freakbass

8. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Hey there, I sent you a PM but I will ask the questions here as well.

Do you know the weight of the bass? What are we talking, the 9 pound range or higher?

Also, according to the review you have posted, it says that the neck is wide/chunky. Can you be a bit more specific on that as well? I actually like a wider spacing.

I also have some trade bait. PM me and we can discuss.

Thanks!

9. freakbass

Hey West.

According to my bathroom scale this thing is right at 9.25 lbs. Hooray for a big ole hunk of mahogany. :hyper:

As far as the neck goes. width at the nut is 1 7/8". Width at the 24th fret is 3 1/32". The string spacing is 3/4" at the bridge.

I don't think "chunky" was the proper word. It's not a baseball bat by any means.

PM on the way regarding trade bait...

10. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Actually, what the review says (I wrote it) is that the neck is "wider/chunkier" and that comment is in the context of being compared to Pete Hanewinckel's typical neck profile, which is slimmer and narrower, for the most part.

Justin is absolutely correct--this neck is certainly no baseball bat!

It really hurt me to part with this bass but I've already described why I had to. :eek:

11. freakbass

bump. anyone? bueller?

12. freakbass

This thing is SOLD! :hyper:

(technically, it was traded, but who's keeping score?)
    :bag:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.