1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT: Hartke XL4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bassconbeatz, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bassconbeatz

Bassconbeatz Way down low

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    This Hartke's first and last entry into bass building. I think it was built around the late 1990's. Built in Ashbury Park New Jersey. Far from perfect condition. It has a pretty good ding on the upper bout. I'm looking to trade for a Fender Jazz 5 MIM, or sell straight out for $300.00 shipped or best offer. Includes OHC case. This offer only good in the lower 48 States of the US.

1267388[/ATTACH]"] Hartke002-1.
    1267390[/ATTACH]"]http:// Hartke001.
    1267392[/ATTACH]"] Hartke007.
    1267394[/ATTACH]"] Hartke009.
    1267396[/ATTACH]"] Hartke004.
    1267398[/ATTACH]"] Hartke003.
    1267400[/ATTACH]"] Hartke005.
    1267402[/ATTACH]"] Hartke002.
    1267404[/ATTACH]"] Hartke003-1.

Attached Files:

2. BUMP for only cosmetic damage on a drool-demanding bass :D

3. Bassconbeatz

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Thanks for the bump. PM returned

4. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    So, is the headstock wapped in aluminum? And is that a seam down the middle? It's hard to tell what's going on. Locking tuners? What is the neck width at the nut?

5. Bassconbeatz

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    It's actually a wood capping on the back of the neck, which covers the aluminum neck. That seam you mentioned is a actually a reflection of the case. I'm going to re-take a picture to better illustrate. Another thing I forgot to mention is the fingerboard is made of phenolic. A very hard resin.

6. ldervish

ldervish

May 22, 2005
    Johnson City, TN
    I used one of these bodies to build a passive bass with a maple/rw fretboard and absolutely love it. Never heard one with the aluminum/phenolic neck and active electronics, but I bet it's something. Good luck with the sale.

7. pm sent

8. Bassconbeatz

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    Here's a better pic of the back of the headstock. The tuners are Sperzels locking type.

1267832[/ATTACH]"] Hartke001-1.
    1267834[/ATTACH]"] Hartke003-2.

Attached Files:

9. pm sent

10. josh66

josh66

Nov 23, 2001
    Stanford CA
    how heavy is it? the neck is aluminum and it has a trussrod? is the action pretty low? fretwear?

11. pharaohamps

pharaohamps Commercial User

May 30, 2006
    Garner, NC
    Owner, Disaster Area Designs / Alexander Pedals
    The Hartke basses were built by Vaccaro, whose owner was a former partner with Gary Kramer. You may remember the Kramer basses with the tuning fork headstocks - the Vaccaro's had the same style headstock. The Hartke basses are the same but had a more traditional looking headstock. The neck has an aluminum inner structure and is wrapped with maple (nice flame on this one BTW.) They do have trussrods.

Free bump for some great basses (both the Vaccaro's and the Hartke's.)

12. Bassconbeatz

Feb 5, 2004
    Porter Ranch, CA
    This one is SOLD! Thanks TB!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.