FS/FT: Ibanez Flame Spalted Maple Fretless AEB

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Greg Johnsen, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    Hey guys, I have an Ibanez EWB20SMFENT acoustic electric 4 string. It has a solid curly spalted maple top, with mahogany back and sides veneered with the same beautiful maple. Fretless rosewood board with maple veneer for lines and a mahogany neck. There are a few things on the bass that have been changed out/gone missing in the move the bass went through. As of now it has 4 black gotoh tuners (missing position screws, you could pick up 4 of them for a dollar). It is also missing strings, 1 strap pin (although I may just throw on the set of schaller strap locks I have) and the bridge saddle but everything else is in place and good to go. The bass has a great plugged in tone, 3 band eq with a shape switch as well. Also has both an XLR and 1/4" input.

This is a great looking and sounding bass, a setup would definitely help her out but I played it for a couple of years as is.

Right now these basses (where available) are going for $650 new.

I'm looking for $300 OBO, I am willing to trade so feel free to offer me anything.

Here she is:

IMAG0049.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0050.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

Feel free to PM me with any questions

Thanks for looking

-Greg

2. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    bump

3. bassfarm

bassfarm

Oct 4, 2011
    What is the length? 32 or 34 scale? Missing the saddle? Do you mean the nut in the bridge? Can't tell from pics. How do you know electronics still work? Those are different tuners too? Not sure I know what position screws are.

Thanks!
    Jon

4. bassfarm

bassfarm

Oct 4, 2011
    PM sent

5. bassfarm

bassfarm

Oct 4, 2011
    Still available?

6. bassfarm

bassfarm

Oct 4, 2011
    Bought an acoustic Dean. Price was right!

7. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    still available.....bump

8. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    I'm willing to trade for almost any 4 string, really looking for a p, but open to others. 100+ watt combos are also on my list right now so offer anything up.

thanks
    -Greg

9. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    Update: I have a replacement saddle in now (same as the original), tuners are now screwed into the headstock so now all she is missing is some strings. I'm going to run down to GC this week to get some strings for it, new pics after.

For any curious about the sound, here is a youtube review of the bass by gearwire.
    Ibanez EWB20SMFE: Spalt That Maple, Baby! - YouTube

Thanks for looking,

Greg

10. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    bump

11. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    sold

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021