1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT Ibanez fretless

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jimmy rocket, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    Not sure if there will be any interest in this at all, but I got this as a project some time ago, and after reworking the fingerboard, and electronics it's a serious player. It's an Ibanez SR500 with orginal pickups, but aftermarket preamp. The preamp is Artec, and I must say I was blown away but it's sound.

only problem is, as it turns out I don't really have occasion to use it as much as I thought, and I'm itching to learn upright, so.....

I thought that if someone had an old student model upright that they might not be using, they might be interested in this put toward a trade. I may also be tempted to trade for a semi-hollow BG. Other trade ideas, run 'em by me.

If selling, I'd really like to put this money toward an upright, though so straight sale would be $250 shipped ConUS

This is a serious player with a nice even tone and it can do everything from a nice woody thump to that Jaco tone.

Here are some pics:

3540632419_b4f8994238_b.

4022380551_5009759b94_o.

4022381021_cf0fb9ef23_o.

2. ahollowhd

ahollowhd Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    Can you expand on the preamp controls and frequencies?

3. OneMoreRobot

OneMoreRobot

Jan 23, 2009
    My friend down the hall has this bass in the fretted version and I can assure you it smells delicious. I don't know why. Not sure if yours smells as good, but if it does, then somebody should buy.

Aroma bump.

4. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    It is a good smelling bass. Maybe the mahogany body, or the super fast wenge/bubinga neck! :)

5. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    lookin' for love bump

6. ahollowhd

ahollowhd Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Gainesville, FL
    looking for an answer to my question above

7. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    Sorry, I totally missed that.

It's an Artec SE3 preamp http://www.artecsound.com/pickups/index.html

Volume / balance / Bass / Mid / Treb

the frequencies are:

Bass = +/- 12db @ 80hz
    Mid = +/- 12 db @ 800hz
    Treb = +/- 12 db @ 4kHz

Also, how's Gainesville, Rock City this time of year?

Last time I was there (years ago) we played at Common Grounds, the Florida Theatre, and somewhere else I can't quite recall. Fun times :)

8. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    Early Saturday bump

nibbles but no takers yet!

9. I need this like another hole in my head, but I love my fretted 500 so I'll take it. PM'd

10. gastric

gastric Professional product tester for hire

Jun 8, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    Source Audio BETA tester
  11. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    While effects are always tempting Gastric, I've really got more than I can use right now. I'm going to have to go with the straight sale, so complex I'll be getting back to you soon on that.

On Hold for Complexprocess

12. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    sold, shipped and closed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.