1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS/FT: Ibanez SR800

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by greddyesq, Apr 3, 2009.

1. greddyesq

greddyesq

Feb 3, 2009
    Maybe I asked too much? Okay...Price Drop! Now asking $250 + shipping. Buy my bass!

Hello all. New member here (been reading for a while, but this is my first post).

I have a late 80s Ibanez SR800, P & J configuration, indigo blue with black pickups and hardware. Very good condition. I would like to get $300 + shipping for it. If you want to pick up or meet w/in 1/2 hour of Philly suburbs, that's cool, too.

Actually, what I REALLY want is to trade it straight up for a used Mustang or other short-scale bass of equivalent quality and value.

Let me know if you have any interest.

Thanks for reading!

- Goutham

UPDATE: see 3rd post for pics.

2. could you post pictures please?

3. greddyesq

greddyesq

Feb 3, 2009
    Updated with Pics.

Attached Files:

4. ronros

ronros

Mar 30, 2009
    heaven
    nice bass bro..:)

5. zacbrain

zacbrain

Jul 21, 2008
    Dallas
    great bass. was my first. :)

6. greddyesq

greddyesq

Feb 3, 2009
    Thanks! My first, too...I actually really like it. Nice neck, sounds good (and it looks sweet, which never hurts, right?). But I play guitar, not bass. I only bought it so a buddy and me could pass it back and forth to accompany each other. Now a friend has starting taking lessons with it but it's tough for her (she's like 5'2") and I think a short-scale would be much better for her.

Thanks for the replies, though! I know a bit about guitars, but very little about basses. Nice to know I picked a good one.

7. greddyesq

greddyesq

Feb 3, 2009
    Self bump. Taking offers! (also trades for short scales). Email or PM for more/better pics (I'm too much of a newbie to be allowed to post more now).

8. greddyesq

greddyesq

Feb 3, 2009
    West Coast Bump! (plus, asking price dropped...make me an offer!)

9. davecanady

davecanady Guest

Aug 24, 2008
    You may not want to give up the scale. I have a 30" Epiphone Viola. With short scale the strings already have less tension. If you need to go to Drop D the strings flop a lot. My hands are small. She will have to adjust her technique a little but will figure it out. Just a thought. If you're sure about changing, Epiphone has two SG basses as well. Check them out. I have an SR800 in the same color. I love that bass.

10. Good luck with the sale! I have an SR800 in that color as well. Any one ever bust your chops and call it purple instead of midnight blue??? Anyway, I'm glad you posted what you're selling it for so now I know what to ask when I get ready to sell mine :) Again, good luck with your sale!

11. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    pm'ed