Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS/FT Jazz Bass Body w/ Basslines active pickups

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by pmkelly, Dec 6, 2002.

1. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I got this body off the net... it wasn't a tb'er... someone from Bassgear.com. Well, the body is sorta funky... I think most things would work, if you took the time to work the body. I don't want to, so I am putting it up for sale. Or trade, for that matter. Trade me a good bass body that you have, maybe with some pickups, and you can have this one! I would sell the silly thing for 175 with the pickups. The pickups are mounted on the body, not installed. They are the basslines active set, and I do have the pots for it. So take this one off my hand, or trade me a bass body that you have! One other thing, the control cavity looks to be a little to big for a normal control plate... I think the body is homemade, and a pretty nice one as far as construction... it is just got some funkiness that you might have the time to fix!

P@

[​IMG]

2. are the white spots problems with the finish or something else?

3. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO

something else... my crappy photography skills! ;)

P@

4. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    would i be able to put everything off my MIA jazz on to this? what is funky?

steve

5. pathdoc2

pathdoc2

Oct 16, 2002
    Allen, TX
    Looks like the body lacks the normal forearm contour.

6. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    possibly... I think the neck socket has a little overhang on the treble side of the neck, at least that is how it looked when I matched the body with a mighty mite neck... and the control cavity is slighty longer than a regular control plate... plus, there is a battery box cut on the back of the body...

yeah, it is also missing the beer gut cut on the back...

P@

7. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    bump... any takers? unreasonable offers will be entertained at this point....

P@

8. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    $2.00, I'd like to be entertained, please :D

9. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    if it only takes $2 to keep you entertained, you definately need a new hobby or two... :D

P@