1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS/FT: Jazz style body, alder, sunburst

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by dave120, Apr 21, 2009.

1. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    This is a Jazz style bass body which is made of alder. I picked this up to use on a project but, I've got way too many projects so I'm trying to thin my parts bin so that I might actually finish something.

It's loaded with everything. The bridge is missing the saddle for the G string. It's a standard bridge with standard holes so any typical Fender style bridge or replacement will fit it. I'm not sure if the sunburst is real or if it's a film. I'm going to guess it might be a film since I'm pretty sure this bass is a Johnson or something similar and relatively inexpensive. It is fairly light for a Jazz body as well, so if you're looking for a body that's not going to break your back this might be one to try. The best I can tell is it's just over 4 pounds on an old scale I put it on, but it's not exact. It has pickups in it, which seem to work fine from what I can tell. They look exactly like the pickups my SX Jazz has. The pots feel a little weak but are functional.

The body is not flawless, it has a few chips and dings in it from being used, but nothing extreme. I can take more pictures if you'd like to see specific things.

Looking to get maybe $55 shipped for it, or I might consider some trades, though I'm not sure what I'm in need of at the moment. PM me with any questions or requests for additional information.

Attached Files:

2. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    bump, price drop

3. impactwrench

impactwrench

Feb 22, 2009
    Are you sure its not a johnson?

4. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    Johnson J bodies are alder, so it is possible!

5. impactwrench

impactwrench

Feb 22, 2009
    bump for a great price for a loaded body

6. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    It looks identical to an SX body, with the pointed control plate, but Johnsons also look like that. The neck pocket seems to be standard 2.5" spec. That's about all I can really say! An SX P neck I have fits in it well, but it doesn't look like the screw holes line up exactly.

7. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    hey i maybe interested in buying this! ill know later tonight if i need it!

its 55$ plus shipping?

8. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    It's $55 with shipping included. PM me with any questions, I can also take more pictures if you'd like.

9. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    ok great i'll get back to you later

10. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    couldnt buy :(

bump on a good project!

11. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    Bump. I know somebody wants a project!

12. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    Bump...still available

13. lowtide

lowtide Commercial User

Oct 14, 2006
    Bradenton, Florida
    Owner: Buzzard's Bass Shop
    Gee, and you didn't ask me if I could use it?
    By the way, even two SX jazz necks don't necessarily have the same screw hole patterns. I've seen where the screws of Ps and Js being as much as 1/4" different from each other. Seems to depend which drunken asian is working on the necks.

So Dave, talk to me at my email about the body . . .

14. jpalir

jpalir

Oct 20, 2008
    La
    Dave...I will take it for $55...PM sent...can pay asap! Thanks John

15. dave120

dave120

Jun 27, 2005
    Central Florida
    Sold!Thanks John.