1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT Kinal MK21 5 String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by FilCo, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Up for sale or trade is my Kinal MK21. This bass has an Alder body, one piece maple neck with a rosewood board, Aero Instrument single coil pickups and a Bartolini 18v pre. There is a laminate between the top and body that I believe is ebony, but could be wenge or some other dark wood. The headstock matches the body, and the back of it has a birdseye maple top. It is a 34.5 inch scale with 19mm string spacing.

This bass sounds fantastic. My opinion is probably not worth much, but my bass instructor is an accomplished musician with nearly 30 years of experience and he swears this is one of the best sounding instruments he has ever played. I was certain that I would never sell this, but after spending a lot of time with this bass and a few other very nice instruments I have decided that I am going to order a Kinal built to my specs. I am selling this and my other basses to finance the new one.

I would consider some trades as well. I wouldn't mind playing a few other different manufactures and styles to refine exactly what I want from my custom build. I would most like to try some high end sixers, but will consider 4's and 5's as well. Maybe something from Sukop, Zon, Roscoe, or ? Let me know what you have.

Price is $1499 or best offer, U.S. shipping included.

101_2325.
    101_2321.
    101_2326.
    101_2329.
    101_2330.
    101_2331.
    101_2332.
    101_2333.

2. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Bump

3. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Best kept secret basses don't do it!

4. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Gold Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    My old Kinal!!! Great sounding bass. Only got rid of it because I like thinner necks. That was a great bass though..

5. saintx

saintx

May 30, 2005
    Midwest
    Interesting! Can you describe the finish? Also, is that wear around the B string tuner?

6. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    This finish is between matte and satin. There are a few spots on the front that look a little polished from playing. It is really hard to illustrate the beauty of this bass in pictures because of this type of finish, and my limited skill as a photographer.

The spot at the B tuner is a small sliver that flaked off. Not sure what happened. Woke up one day and it was like that. It has been over a year and it hasn't gotten any worse. Thanks for the question!

7. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    I know what you mean. My bass instructor thinks this is a terrible idea as well. The only reason I am willing to let it go is because I trust Mr. Kinal can build another one for me that sounds and plays just as well. Of course, it will cost twice as much, but I guess you have to pay if you want custom work right?

8. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Speaking of Custom Build...I know what you mean.. But if you already Have a Kinal.. then try something different.. BTW what's the string spacing on that bass.????

9. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    String spacing is 19mm. I would love to keep this Kinal and try out some other nice basses at the same time, but my finances don't allow for that. They barely allow me to pay my bills.

10. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Bump

11. lposavad

lposavad Supporting Member

Is the ramp removable?
    By the way, my main bass is an MK-21. Swamp ash body, passive pj pups. So comfortable to play.

12. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Gold Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    Just chimin' in, when I owned the bass I remember that the ramp was glued in. That bass does sound good though, I do remember that.

13. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Thanks for the info ThumbyAche! The ramp is indeed glued in place. Personally, I like having it on there. I feel like it makes playing between the pickups much more comfortable.

14. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Bump

15. austentaciousC

austentaciousC

Mar 17, 2010
    These basses sound amazing, i wouldn't be getting rid of mine if i hadnt caught the j bug

16. davec

davec Supporting Member Commercial User

May 4, 2006
    bartlett illinois
    Owner; Cody Electric Basses
    bump

17. uptowndirt

uptowndirt Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Canada
    playing a kinal 4 now as #1 , these are great basses.

18. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Accepting cash offers. I need to move this out to get going on my new one.

19. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Forgot to mention that this includes a hard shell case.

20. FilCo

FilCo Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ.
    Sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.