Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS/FT: Kustom Groovebass

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by xbradx, Jul 24, 2005.

1. imjammin

imjammin

Mar 13, 2005
  2. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    Just as a little more info, this used to be mine, and basically, Brad played at a wierd venue with screwed up power, it it fried the power section of the groove, along with a PA's power section. So it just got sent back for repair, and in brand new condition

3. xbradx

xbradx

Oct 25, 2004
    Indianapolis, IN
    yeah, beware the wiring at the Emerson theater in Indianapolis if you're ever on tour. It fried the power amp section of the amp along with the monitor system of the PA(plugged into the same set of outlets on stage right). So yeah, the amp is technically used, but Kustom just replaced at least the entire power amp section if not more. So far, mine is only the second of these great amps i've ever heard of having problems with, Sutton never had any problems, and this technically wasn't a problem with the amp, just the screwy wiring at the Emerson. Since getting it back, i've put less than 10 hours on it, just using it as a power amp.
    pics to come soon...

4. zac2944

zac2944 Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    How much does the amp weigh? I looked on Kustom's web site but wasn't able to find out.

Would you be interested in a trade for a Mackie 1400i?

5. xbradx

xbradx

Oct 25, 2004
    Indianapolis, IN
    the head weighs in at about 33lbs.

6. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Great head to say the least. Bummer about the power thing at that club. My Groove Bass has been solid as a rock at practice and gigs since Feb. I'm going to punish her more tonight!

7. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

31 lbs to be exact...

8. xbradx

xbradx

Oct 25, 2004
    Indianapolis, IN
    thx Quadzilla for the info and bump...

9. xbradx

xbradx

Oct 25, 2004
    Indianapolis, IN