1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS/ / FT Lakland 44-02 Deluxe Cherry Burst

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by pgurns, Aug 9, 2012.

1. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL

I have a Lakland 44-02 Deluxe Cherryburst in excellent condition. I have never gigged with it, in fact it has never left my basement which is kind of the reason I'm looking to part with it. I only ever played bass as a hobby, never in a band, and the time I have devoted to playing has dwindled more and more each year and it is now to the point that I'm not sure if I want to even keep an instrument around.

I would be interested in selling it outright or a possible trade for a lower end (but still decent) bass plus some cash. I'm open to pretty much any 4 stringers along the lines of a MIM Fender, Ibanez, Schecter etc.

I haven't been on the forum in quite some time so I'm not sure exactly what the going rate for these are in today's market but I think 850.00 including a hard shell case is fair, but correct me if I'm wrong.

If the bass sells outright I will most likely put up my SWR Oxblood 12-Pack 2X12 cabinets and my Genz Benz Shuttle 3.0 up as well so stay tuned or drop me a PM if interested.

I apologize for the wordy , wishy-wash post but I'm just unsure of how this will all play out.

Paul

Attached Files:

2. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    Here are some more pics of the back. Those are not scratches on the control plate. It's just a combination of the factory plastic still being on there and the flash reflecting off of it.

Attached Files:

3. Kellymack

Kellymack Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2011
    Pm'd

4. Firesalt

Firesalt Is good enough. Supporting Member

May 18, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    Fantastic basses, I miss mine. This one looks great.
    Lakland or Bartolini pickups?

Best of luck with your sale.

5. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    Laklands

6. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    I have had a few questions about the history of this bass. I bought it from a fellow TB'er so I figured I would include a link to the thread that I purchased it from. Let me know if you have any other questions. BTW I will be posting the weight a bit later today when I get home and have access to a more accurate scale.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-lakland-4402-deluxe-cherryburst-696154/

7. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    Had a local deal that looks like it might not pan out so I figured I'd bump the thread and see what happens.

BTW it's 10 pounds for those that were asking. I can take it to a shipper if you need a super precise, down to the ounce weight. Just let me know

8. macribas

macribas

Jan 17, 2009
    Austin, TX
    My old bass, nice!

9. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    I always like trying to keep it the TB family.

10. PM Sent

11. pgurns

pgurns

Dec 26, 2003
    Northern, IL
    Just found out I will be in the Atlanta/Duluth area the week of Sept 10-14. If anyone is in the area and wants to save shipping charges shoot me a PM