FS/FT Larrivee Acoustic - Price Drop..read on...

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by Nomad5, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Nomad5

Nomad5 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Dallas, Texas
    Hello all,

I had this guitar for sale earlier, and decided to keep it - then bought a gorgeous L-1k by finding other funds. Now I realize I'm likely to need another 5 string (sold my Warwick a few years ago), and I have no further "free" funds to do this. Therefore - this guitar is back on the block.

My Larrivee is Rosewood back & sides, Spruce top, Ebony fingerboard, Fishmann electronics - and it's the best acoustic I've ever owned! This is a Canadian version from approx. 1999, made in Vancouver. Here's a link to some pics:

http://picasaweb.google.com/sheldon.conrad/Larrivee#slideshow/5430896639650597186

Paid $1850 new - asking $1000 (snif) because there are some really good deals on TB right now.

Interested in the following for trades: (5-string only)

MM Stingray
    Yammy BB5000
    Warwicks (not Rockbass series)
    Whatever else you may have of similar value.

Let me know....Thanks!

Shel

2. RPIcka

RPIcka

Apr 19, 2006
    BC, Canada
    nice

3. Daktari

Daktari

Mar 25, 2008
    US APO NY
    What model is it?

4. Nomad5

Jan 23, 2010
    Dallas, Texas
    The closest current model is LV-03RE

http://www.larrivee.com/instruments/acoustics/LV3RE.php

Mine was before the tortise pickguard. They originally considered this guitar more of a fingerstyle guitar, and therefore used to come with the clear pickguard (greater top resonance). At least that's what I was told. Also, mine is a single-source transducer - but sounds amazing.

cheers,

shel

5. Nomad5

Jan 23, 2010
    Dallas, Texas
    Possibly sold locally.......but not certain.

6. lethargytartare

lethargytartare

Sep 7, 2004
    Chicago
    So did it sell?

If not, any interest in an Ovation 6/12 double-neck?

7. OrionManMatt

OrionManMatt

Feb 17, 2004
    Houston
    Still available?

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021