1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT Late 80's Ibanez RD707? Double P--Hair Metal Content

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by brett7276, Apr 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brett7276

brett7276

Jan 14, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've devloped a recently very unhealthy obssession with 80's basss...the last 15 years I have been kind of high end snob, but recently got back into my Spector, Ibanez Musician, Jaydee etc...Long story short as a result of my quest for intresting high end 80's basses, and a reunion project with some old friends of mine whom I played hair metal with, I have devloped a bit of an issue with collecting up some of the pointy and wild color things that were the rage back in the day... The story of this bass, was that I bought it from a long time friend as a package deal with a matching SR-800. Both basses play freakishly good...(comming from a guy who owns F-Bas, Spector Smith etc) The SR-800 as much as embarsses me to admit it- has become one of my work horses. This bass was also slated to be just that-but the model up RD727 (with shark fin inlays) fell into my lap- and I like it just a tad better.

I am not 100% certian of the model, year or orgin of this one, I belive it be an RD707, and am reasonably certain its MIJ made. It has the double P pickups, the neck plays really nicely with low action, and its nice and lightweight. Its pretty "grindy" in terms of tone- my guitarist thinks it sounds a lot like my US NS-2...not sure I hear that, as it doesn't have quite the same thump- but its in the ball park, and has nice big low end to it. Bass Comes with orginal Ibanez bag.

I am asking $200 for the bass. I would also entertain some trades. Probally other pointy things, Jacksons, Kramers, Charvels, Peaveys, would be of most intrest to me, I' m not really looking for SX's or Squires...got the Fender thing covered....unless you have an old Jazz Bass Special...wouldn't mind a guitar either (Ibanez RD, Kramer, Charvel etc)

Attached Files:

2. brett7276

brett7276

Jan 14, 2009
    Indianapolis
    two more of this fun litttle bass

Attached Files:

3. Dig your wacky approach bump.

4. jarrod cunningham

jarrod cunningham

Apr 24, 2007
    sylacauga alabama
    spector basses
    why does it have two input jacks ?

5. brett7276

brett7276

Jan 14, 2009
    Indianapolis
    the guy I got it from rewired the jack to place it on the face by the volume pots and put a plastic plug in the hole below. I thought it would be cool- and if doesn't sell I may do this to drop a preamp in it and wire it in stereo.

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    That is an EX405
    ex.

I had a dark blue one... Awesome bass, I still miss the tone I got from mine sometimes.

Here are some clips from the band I was in with it from 1989
    clip 1
    clip 2
    clip 3
    (strung with roto swing bass lights and played through a Roland BN100 and Crate G60... all instruments tracked live via room mics into a cassette 4 track with vocals overdubbed)

7. Essthreetee

Essthreetee

Aug 19, 2007
    Visalia, CA
    That is freakin' cool!!! My guitarist just got back into the 80's pointy things too...2 Charvels and an old BC...free bump...

8. ialma

ialma Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2006
    South Italy
    Wow, monster rock tone for a cheap price!
    Free bump for the 80es \m/ \m/
    :)

9. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    bump for a killer bass at a killer price... it sits too long, I'm gonna end up buying it myself :)

10. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    If it was a 5'er I wouldn't be able to resist!

11. fitz420

fitz420 Knows Lows

Oct 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    throw in some aquanet??

12. brett7276

brett7276

Jan 14, 2009
    Indianapolis
    you got it.... my wife recently went to an 80's party and was trying to do big hair....I told her she was doing it wrong and that she needed to be upsidedown with the aquanet...she was horrified that I knew that much about it...

13. CH Design

CH Design Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Ottawa, ON
    I had one of these in dark blue (with sparkles!)when I was in high school. It was my first "real" bass.

14. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Looks very similar to my old EXB-404:
    Ibanez1.
    Nice slim, fast necks on these. With the EMGs, mine sounded great. Bump for a nice bass!

15. brett7276

brett7276

Jan 14, 2009
    Indianapolis
    bump- I'll eat the shipping

16. smcgov

smcgov Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Northshore Mass
    that bass would make me want to drag the old spandex out.....and then I'd have to try to remember if you're supposed to wear underwear under the spandex or not.

17. brett7276

brett7276

Jan 14, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think the sock was the key thing with those...scary...

bump bass still up for grabs...am I the only one stuck in the 80's?

18. Come to Daddy!

H

19. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    er...uhh...who's your daddy? :bag:

20. morguedoc71

morguedoc71 Supporting Member

May 22, 2009
    Nah, if you wore underwear, the lines would show.

Err, so I've heard...:bag:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.