1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT Local only (Socal) 2002 Lakland JO-5 3TB, Rosewood... BEAUTY!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by sj_bass, Jan 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sj_bass

sj_bass Supporting Member

May 23, 2010
    Long Beach, CA
    Proudly Supporting Moody Leathers
    In my semi-failed attempt to downsize, I ended up with way too many basses... I need to work on that (or maybe not... :D )

This is a 2002 Lakland Skyline Joe Osborn in 3-tone burst with a rosewood neck. It plays amazingly well - one of the early JO-5's to hit the market (serial #JO02xxxx). It has Lindy Fralin pickups and dual-stack controls. I've also added a nice vintage tort pickguard to give it a real classic look.

Tone is more vintage 60's sound, very warm with a lot of mids when the bridge pup is solo'd. Weight is around 10.5 lbs on my crappy bathroom scale. Neck finish is a nice buttery soft wood feel, smooth and fast. Action can be set crazy low, but that's not my style since I have to switch between finger and pick often.

Anyway, I'm looking for a local sale only since I've run out of boxes to ship. Sale price $850

I'm also willing to trade for similar value - more or less - some suggestions:
    Lakland JO4, DJ4 or DD
    Rick (plus some cash on my end)
    Fender (have to be something different than a typical P or J since I have 8 of those already)
    Gibson, Status, Nordy, Lull, etc. (if you're crazy enough to deal)

And now for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sjbass/sets/72157627600826096/

6116726523_24360c6193.png

2. R&B

R&B Both kinds of music: Rhythm AND Blues! Supporting Member

Might have a trade for you...PM sent.

3. sj_bass

May 23, 2010
    Long Beach, CA
    Oh, I don't want to mislead anybody, so let me say now that this is a Skyline model, made in Korea. I know it might be obvious, because a US model of the same bass would go for at least $2000...

4. nautipaul

nautipaul Singer and bass player / acoustic guitar

Oct 22, 2011
    Zebulon, NC
    GLWTS from the right coast.

5. ninerfan

ninerfan

May 28, 2006
    North San Diego
    Pm trade offer

6. sj_bass

May 23, 2010
    Long Beach, CA
    Thanks everyone for the support and PMs... Working on something, but still up for a local deal. Played it last night for a couple of songs - I forgot just how versatile the dual stack can be!

7. ninerfan

ninerfan

May 28, 2006
    North San Diego
    Back at ya:D

8. sj_bass

May 23, 2010
    Long Beach, CA
    Well. Local trade deal fell through so still available... Sorry, but I do not have a way to ship this so it is still only available for a local deal.

9. sj_bass

May 23, 2010
    Long Beach, CA
    Opening this up a bit... I'm looking to trade for a Spector 4 string... I'll find a box to ship at my nearby guitar shop.

10. Exit1242

Exit1242

Jan 16, 2013
    I have a reboot might look to trade it has actual emg 35cs and a dc

11. Exit1242

Exit1242

Jan 16, 2013
    Edit I ment a Spector rebop

12. sj_bass

May 23, 2010
    Long Beach, CA
    Sorry folks, this baby has been sold in is on its way!

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.