1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS/FT: Markbass CMD 121p 112 combo

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by junglebike, Apr 15, 2009.

1. junglebike

junglebike

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    SOLD!

Pics to come soon! It's this one here from Musician's Friend.

Combo's in great shape -- it's the Little Mark II built into a 1x12 cab, 300W as is, 500W with an 8ohm extension, 30lbs. Quite the mini-rig!

Looking to sell outright for $725 obo, or willing to trade for a smallish 8ohm cab (ideally a 112) plus cash. Interested particularly in Genz Benz gear to compliment my 3.0-10t shuttle combo.

Cab is in Socal, preference will be given to deals that can be done before my gig on Friday!

2. Lee Barker

Lee Barker Labor of evident value satisfies the soul. Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Redmond, Oregon
    owner, Barker Musical Instruments, maker of the Barker Bass, No Longer In Production.
    PM sent.

3. junglebike

junglebike

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    All PMs replied. Really hoping for Genz Benz if it's a trade...

4. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    Hello
    Out of curiosity - do you prefer the GB rig over the MB? I'm asking because I'm trying to make up my mind on which one I should get. I play blues and classic rock. Which one do you think would be best?
    Louise

5. junglebike

junglebike

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    I really love the GB. To me, it has a more clear tone than the MB. Honestly, though, the 1x10 is not going to be enough for blues and classic rock. I use it alone on jazz gigs with my upright and it's great. For rock I add a 1x12 extension and it does just fine, though we're not thunderously loud. If I were playing a whole lot of rock/blues I'd probably go ahead and spring for the shuttle 6.0 with the 112 cab attached, then add another for really big gigs.

To sum up: The MB by itself is a whole lot louder and lower than the GB, but I prefer the GB tone.

6. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    Thanks Junglebike
    I keep coming back to the GB too but I'll have to get the head and a smaller 112 as I have a bad back and the combo is 32lbs. which I know is not much, but too much for me and it's hard to find a used Schroeder 112+L and they are pretty expensive. So the MB is attractive with only 29lbs for a 112 combo.
    Louise

7. I too am using a shuttle 3.0-10T with a Shuttle 6.0-12T extension cab.. My buddy bought the shuttle 6.0-12T... liked it, but went on to buy 2 of the Genz 12" NEO cabs to use with his 6.0.. and just gave me his original 12T cab.(He removed the bracket and put it on one of his 12" NEO cabs). I love the tone of the 10T and 12T with the 3.0 head, plus it looks nice too.
    Ken