1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/FT Mesa Boogie 400+

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by substitute, Oct 13, 2013.

1. substitute

substitute

Mar 20, 2010
    Hey everyone, I still have this amp and it's for sale again. First time around I decided, to keep the Mesa and sell my SVT. The SVT was great, just too much to lug around, I've since gotten even lazier and now I don't want to lug the Mesa Boogie around. I have the amp listed on Reverb and just dropped the price to $1000. I'm not really interested in trades right now, trying to save money for a down payment on a house.

https://reverb.com/item/243221-mesa-boogie-400-plus

Also here's some recent recording I did with it...

http://warfilm.bandcamp.com

If you messaged me about this a while ago and I didn't respond, I'm really really sorry, I didn't get any notices or the emails went into a spam folder.

Thanks for looking!

Original Listing....

Selling my Mesa Boogie 400+, to sweeten the deal I just installed a full set of brand new of JJ tubes, twelve 6l6's and four 12ax7's. Some scratches and rack wear, but no technical issues at all.
    These amps are monsters, and the JJ's really kick it up a notch, anyone on the interwebs will tell you that.

Asking $1,100...

Generally, these amps sell for $1000, and the tube sets are close to $250 so I think this is a pretty hot deal.

I'd be into working out a trade for a vintage EB-3.

I'm in philly, I'd be up to drive a bit if you are, local pick up would be great but shipping is fine we'd just have to work out the cost.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2014
  2. chrls_vns

chrls_vns

Aug 8, 2009
    If I hadn't just bought one, we'd be talking.. but here's a 'Bump' for a really cool amp.

3. substitute

substitute

Mar 20, 2010
    Thanks for the bump!

4. substitute

substitute

Mar 20, 2010
    bump:bassist:

5. bassfreakah

bassfreakah

Mar 26, 2011
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    as close as you can get to a svt.

6. substitute

substitute

Mar 20, 2010
    True! It never really gets as round of a tone as an SVT but it can definitely do the growl. Plus it has a number of modern conveniences like different impedances, and the foot switchable EQ and what not...

7. bassfreakah

bassfreakah

Mar 26, 2011
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    its a great amp!!!!! Had 400 at jam room and gigged with svt. both great amps

8. substitute

substitute

Mar 20, 2010
    Still got it folks

9. SehlraC

SehlraC

Sep 14, 2009
    NJ
    What trades are you interested in? I've always loved these heads.

10. substitute

substitute

Mar 20, 2010
    I'd trade for a vintage EB-3 or something similar. Where in NJ are you? I'm in philly.

11. substitute

substitute

Mar 20, 2010
    ye olde weekend bump

12. lax4bags

lax4bags Supporting Member

May 15, 2012
    Alabama
    Bump. NAD for me this afternoon! Thus amp is a man in a world of class d girly micros. Authority in every freq. Can't wait to gig with confidence I can bury the guitar, keys, and drums if the jerks in my band piss me off Haha. Everyone buy this.

13. substitute

substitute

Mar 20, 2010
    Hey everyone, I still have this amp and it's for sale again. First time around I decided, to keep the Mesa and sell my SVT. The SVT was great, just too much to lug around, I've since gotten even lazier and now I don't want to lug the Mesa Boogie around. I have the amp listed on Reverb and just dropped the price to $1000. I'm not really interested in trades right now, trying to save money for a down payment on a house.

https://reverb.com/item/243221-mesa-boogie-400-plus

Also here's some recent recording I did with it...

http://warfilm.bandcamp.com

If you messaged me about this a while ago and I didn't respond, I'm really really sorry, I didn't get any notices or the emails went into a spam folder.

Thanks for looking!

14. substitute

substitute

Mar 20, 2010
    bomp