1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT Mesa Boogie Road Ready Diesel 410

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by bassplaynmatt, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here we have my trusty (all be it heavy) Mesa 410 with the EV drivers that made these things so popular in the late 90's. I am the original owner and have used it regularly for the last several years with no problems and it has a very forward, powerful sound.

If you've never heard one of these they are fantastic for rock and when coupled with a 15" or 18" you can play just about any gig out there! This thing will cut through any guitar rig with the right head and you could throw it out of a moving car and still use it at the gig that night;)

It's 8ohms and I think I remember the EV's are 200 watts each so 800 watts total. I've used a DB750 and the Tfunk 750a with it and not heard a single speaker fart at loud volumes so my guess is 600-800 is about right. It has the typical scratches on the out side but behind the cover it looks perfect, there aren't even any scratches on the grill!

Finally, why am I selling it? I'm going neo. Basically, I've carried this fat girl to every decent sized gig I've had for the last few years and I love her but, I've been seduced by the dark (or should I say light) side and I don't keep stuff siting around if I'm not using it.

I couldn't find one used anywhere to compare for price so I'll say $400 but I'm willing to hear all offers including trades for 112 cabs or other interesting stuff. I'll ship but be warned it will probably be pricey.

Thanks, Matt

2. Geddy Claypool

Geddy Claypool SX J-75/Traben Neo 4 -> SVT-CL/SVT-810E

Aug 3, 2008
    Maryland
    If only it were 4ohms.....

3. Hey your in MD, you should at least check it out. It might inspire you to use 2 8ohms;)

4. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    What is the weight on that bad boy?

5. Marley's Ghost

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    I did some research, and I got 129 lbs!

6. I'd say that sounds about right but to be honest with the casters and the fact that you can load it with out being delicate has made it pretty manageable over the years. I usually load my head, basses, and stand on top and roll it all into the gig in one shot. The cabs weight actually makes it quite stable.

7. Marley's Ghost

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks, but I need something a bit lighter. I read some great reviews on it tho, sounds like an awesome cab.

8. Geddy Claypool

Geddy Claypool SX J-75/Traben Neo 4 -> SVT-CL/SVT-810E

Aug 3, 2008
    Maryland
    Well I would dude, but after buying my SVT, I only have funds for 1 cab. And since the SVT needs a load of 2 or 4 ohms, the 8 wouldn't work..

Thanks though.

9. No problem. Although, I did run a 1976ish SVT through this cab and the 18" I had that matched at a club gig in Charlotte NC. The other band on the bills' bass player was using an old school 8X10 rig and the SVT and I had a Mesa M2000 and my road ready cabs. We had been jokingly fighting about who had the better rig and so at sound check we brought both up on stage and goofed around for a while until we tried hooking his SVT into my cabs and were blown away! We both used that rig and every time we were on a bill together after that we combined the two. Just a massive sound:bassist:

10. So I'm starting to consider trading this thing in at gui**** center. Someone could come along, hit me with an offer, and save this thing from the evil of the retail world!

11. Let's try $400

12. Come on.... it's priced $200 cheaper than the other mesa 410 that's up here and it has the Road Ready cabinet which is a relatively expensive option from Mesa when bought new. Nobody interested? I will drive a good bit to meet somebody if that helps:)

13. dare i ask shipping to Australia?

14. I have never shipped to Australia but I can imagine it will be costly. Look at it this way, even if you have to pay $200 to ship it you're still getting a pretty good deal:) I'll see if I can find a rough estimate for you.

15. Sooooo, I just did a rough ups estimate and it was like $900 to ship to Australia!!!!!!!!! If anyone out there has shipped to Australia and was able to keep the cost down feel free to chime in.

16. wow...seems extreme! oddly its still cheaper for me to do that then buy this cab new in aus.. but yeah if anyone knows a cheaper method please give me a hand!

17. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    I'm considering jumping on this, but need a few days to verify my logic ;) I'm local too.

18. Thats cool man, if you decide you want to check it out just let me know.

19. FYI for anyone interested I just did a shipping quote from Baltimore to Texas and it looks like $115-$120 will get it most places in the US.

20. Bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.