SOLD FS/FT: Mesa M6 Carbine (again)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by sunbeast, Aug 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Recently purchased a Walkabout combo to use for acoustic guitar and bass backup and have fallen in love with it...The Carbine is a much better amp for the progressive metal music I was playing until recently, but I'm back in college (after a 10 year hiatus!) and have decided I just don't have enough time to be in a band. The truth is that I kinda want a second Walkabout- one to play acoustic guitar through and one for bass for my stereo looping experiments (won't call it music just yet!).

The Carbine was purchased new last winter and still has nearly 4 1/2 years on the Mesa transferable warranty. Haven't had any problems with it at all- I originally bought an older floor model from a store that did have a problem with cutting out, but Mesa sent me this one fresh off the assembly line to replace it (the early problems seem to have been worked out). Has a few minor scratches, but nothing of note.
    Great amp for really up-front mid-heavy aggressive bass tone (I think the best I've tried on the solid-state side of things)- If i was still a heavy metal "lifer", I don't think I'd consider selling it! It doesn't really have the ideal tone to fit in an acoustic guitar mix, however, so it's getting much less use the past month or so. Oh yeah- I think this amp has more clean volume than any other I've yet owned, and doesn't get muddy at high volumes either...

002.jpg
    (D-180 is gone!)

I'm also curious about some other amps that I may be interested in trading for (+/- cash):
    Mesa Walkabout (or Scout combo)
    Mesa Mpulse 600
    Mesa Big Block
    Markbass LMII or other vintage-style Markbass amps

Also- possibly interested in a nice Lakland Skyline Jazz bass or other nice Jazz equivalent.

Probably forgetting some things- feel free to make other trade offers (though the Walkabout is my main interest).

Also would sell for $850 shipped or best offer...

Thanks,
    Karl

2. Adam Wright

Adam Wright Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Arlington,Tx
    haven't played the M6 but I got to borrow an M9 for a week from a Mesa rep that lives near by and it was phenomenal. My favorite head that Mesa has produced.

3. LowBSix

LowBSix Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    Bump for my favorite bass amp... M6 does it all for me!

4. Flipper

Flipper

Jan 11, 2005
    Spring, Texas
    Bumpski, and PMaramalama

5. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Free bump. I'd love a Carbine, but wouldn't give up my Walkabout for one. good luck to you.

6. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    PM in your inbox...

Matt

7. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    PMs replied and all that- many nice trade ideas, but no Walkabouts...?

8. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    PMs returned. Hmmmm....

9. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Bump once more for a Walkabout!

10. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Gold Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Colorado
    Yamaha BB1000 (bolt on) some Joe Barden jazz pickups and some cash?

11. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Not really what I'm looking for, but thanks for the offer!

Karl

12. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I may just keep this thing- been playing around with the presets and EQ, and have found an array of sounds that I think might be more what I was looking for! Still have to try them out at full volume though...

Still leaving this open for a Walkabout trade for the time-being.

Karl

13. Interested on a bass whammy? i have sme other gear or some cash to add... let me know

14. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks, but I'm only considering getting rid of the Carbine to replace it with something specific- I had several other amps offered and tried several, but at this point it seems like another Walkabout might really be the only thing that will do exactly what I'm looking for! As it is, I have found a way to set the Carbine that essentially gives me a much cleaner/clearer version of the tone I like from the Walkabout- so I'll be happy waiting it out or keeping the Carbine (which actually has proven to sound really good with acoustic guitar too!). Thanks for the offer though...

15. Cool, if you decide to let it go, let me know.

Alex

16. Nightbass

Nightbass

May 1, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    PM with Walkabout content sent!

17. eyeballkid

eyeballkid

Jul 19, 2009
    pm sent..

18. D.A.R.K.

D.A.R.K. Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Virginia
    bump:bag:

19. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks for the bumps guys, but as I updated a while back (too late to update the original post)- I'm pretty happy with the head for now, and as such I'm only interested in a trade for a Walkabout or Walkabout Scout, though I might still sell it for $850 shipped to buy a used Walkabout if I can track one down!

Karl

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.