Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS/FT: Mesa Walkabout

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by gruuv, Nov 13, 2005.

1. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Well, not sure about this, but I'm thinking I want a bit more a of a clean and quick, SS amp for the smaller gigs. I've got a DB 750 for the big stuff and am looking for something along the lines of a Thunderfunk or something. I'm willing to add cash, I know that TF's and other more powerful amps go for more than $575. It also comes with a carry bag (Playstation 2) that fits it perfectly.

I bought this from another TB'er a few months ago who retubed it with a NOS JAN GE 5751 and a JAN Phillips 12AX7 to change its voice a bit. I must say it sounds phenomenal, I just want a bit of a change. I'll take $575 plus shipping, Paypal ok but fees are responsibility of the buyer.

But run the trades/partial trades by me. . . oh, and I'd like them to be no less than 500 watts and no more than 20 lbs or so.

Thanks all..........................................................................

2. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Oh man, don't do it, dude... :)

3. He's not kidding. Dont do it. :bawl:

4. uglycicles

uglycicles Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    Gruuv,

You have PM. :cool:

5. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Ok, you guys aren't helping. . . :scowl: :D

I know, I know... I do love the tone of this little beast. I just already have the tubeness covered with the 750 and I remember the loveliness of the Thunderfunk. You know, one quick responding solid state amp, one tubey phat amp. :bassist: And all the basses are covered.

6. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    So I guess you wouldn't take a Demeter pre + cash or anything would ya? ;)

I've always wanted to get one of these things and use it stand-alone for the small stuff, then plug it into a poweramp like a pre when I need the big guns...

7. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Hey man. . . I should've marked this thread sold a while back but I forgot. Sorry. . . :meh: