1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS/FT: Mesa Walkabout

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by gruuv, Nov 13, 2005.

1. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Well, not sure about this, but I'm thinking I want a bit more a of a clean and quick, SS amp for the smaller gigs. I've got a DB 750 for the big stuff and am looking for something along the lines of a Thunderfunk or something. I'm willing to add cash, I know that TF's and other more powerful amps go for more than $575. It also comes with a carry bag (Playstation 2) that fits it perfectly.

I bought this from another TB'er a few months ago who retubed it with a NOS JAN GE 5751 and a JAN Phillips 12AX7 to change its voice a bit. I must say it sounds phenomenal, I just want a bit of a change. I'll take $575 plus shipping, Paypal ok but fees are responsibility of the buyer.

But run the trades/partial trades by me. . . oh, and I'd like them to be no less than 500 watts and no more than 20 lbs or so.

Thanks all..........................................................................

2. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Oh man, don't do it, dude... :)

3. He's not kidding. Dont do it. :bawl:

4. uglycicles

uglycicles Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Southwest Chicago
    Gruuv,

You have PM. :cool:

5. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Ok, you guys aren't helping. . . :scowl: :D

I know, I know... I do love the tone of this little beast. I just already have the tubeness covered with the 750 and I remember the loveliness of the Thunderfunk. You know, one quick responding solid state amp, one tubey phat amp. :bassist: And all the basses are covered.

6. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    So I guess you wouldn't take a Demeter pre + cash or anything would ya? ;)

I've always wanted to get one of these things and use it stand-alone for the small stuff, then plug it into a poweramp like a pre when I need the big guns...

7. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Hey man. . . I should've marked this thread sold a while back but I forgot. Sorry. . . :meh: