Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FS/FT: MF 6 string custom

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by SebBass, Nov 8, 2004.

1. SebBass

SebBass

Jan 7, 2004
    Montreal
    Hey all, this is basically a repost from about a month ago, when I didnt had any pics for the bass.

Here we go:

Custom made MF (www.mf.qc.ca) 6 string 36" with ebony board and newly inlaid graphite strips in the sleek, fast neck; Oil finished arched back ash body with koa top, all in pristine conditions minus a few little bumps on the headstock and a couple of fingermarks on the body (see pics).

Electronics : Bartolini soapbar pickup in sweetspot plus RMC piezo bridge with 3 band EQ and on/off switch, a bit noisy but versatile - allows the bass to sound a lot like an upright, but can also get that jaco tone, or whatever else, the bass being pretty versatile and very sensitive to the playing position and attitude (will sound very differently if played hard or soft).

Comes with non-original beat up gig bag (levis) which happens to be the only case I have available to ship it in.

buyer pays shipping - asking 1600$(US) or 2000(CAN$)
    Im located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Trades considered:
    SWR Redhead + Cash
    Eden Wt300 (or equiv.) + Cash
    Any equiv. Amp + Cash
    MM Stingray 5 (pref. Maple board) + Cash
    Maybe an old Jazz + Cash
    Maybe a skyline.. ?

I need to sell this cause I just bought an upright and am budding to pay school.If it doesnt sell here within a couple of weeks, I'll have to Ebay this thing, and I wouldnt like that.

To the montrealers amongst you, the bass is currently at MF's shop on consignment, if you wanna try it out.

Drop me a line !

pics available: www.aliencow.com/temp/bass/

Seb

2. SebBass

SebBass

Jan 7, 2004
    Montreal
    ...pity bump !

Come on guys ! This HAS to sell....!!!!!!!!!

3. SebBass

SebBass

Jan 7, 2004
    Montreal
    Yet again...

Im relatively open for discussion on price...drop me a line.

Seb :help:

4. slombovia

slombovia

Jul 15, 2003
    Utah
    I am a determined follower of Jesus Christ and am a Mormon.
    Good luck selling it. If I hadn't just bought 2 NYBW basses, I would seriously think about it! Sweet! Mag + piezo fretless 6 always gets my attention.

Tom H.

5. SebBass

SebBass

Jan 7, 2004
    Montreal
    It is indeed a wonderful bass, in more then one way. I've just figured out though that fretless 6's werent my thing... :eyebrow:

So....Who shall the lucky bidder be ? :bassist:
    Seb

6. SebBass

SebBass

Jan 7, 2004
    Montreal
    Alright, things aint moving, and they gotta.

Reducing price to 1400$US or 1800$Can.

Please mail me, lemme know what's up.

btw; bass was just restrung and resetup by Lutherie MF for a customer who didnt buy it in the end. Dont miss out...

7. You have a P.M.

8. Seb, you have another P.M. I lost your email address.

9. pm from me also

10. SebBass

SebBass

Jan 7, 2004
    Montreal
    What he said. :hyper: :D :hyper: