Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fs/ft: MIA Jazz Bass alder/maple 550 shipped!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by xJasonSmithx, Sep 23, 2004.

1. xJasonSmithx

xJasonSmithx Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    I have been setting on this MIA jazz bass I bought from Thelowend.net for about 8 months now and I have decided a passive jazz isn't for me. The color is aqua green metalic but the pics show more of a blue tint to it, due to the lighting i guess it changes a bit. it has a white pealoid pickgaurd and a maple neck, It is in really good condition, no major dings or dents, 2 belt buckle scratches on the back but not bad.It has mainly just been setting in the case all this time. I never gigged with it, just really couldn't get my sound at practice.

So im asking $550 shipped but Im definetly considering other basses for trades,
    Im really open to anything besides passive jazzes and willing to go up or down alittle bit. 4's or 5's, active/passive, new old, traditional/hi-fi, whatever im really keeping my options open.

Click here for more pics! [​IMG]

2. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    that's a nice looking bass... just so you know, if you add an outboard preamp such as the sadowsky or others, it's the same as having an active bass....

3. xJasonSmithx

Jun 25, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    yeah if it doesn't sell i was thinking about going that route.

I forgot to add that it comes with the orriginal fender hardshell case and the orriginal papers and tools.

-Jason

p.s. I would gladly trade for an upright fairly close in price to the bass.

4. xJasonSmithx

Jun 25, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    Send me those offers!

Bump.

Jason

5. xJasonSmithx

Jun 25, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    bump for Price drop $525 shipped.

-Jason

6. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    WIll you accept a trade for a MusicMan SUB?

7. sk8rboymc

sk8rboymc

Mar 28, 2003
  8. xJasonSmithx

Jun 25, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    I really haven't been interested in any trade offers so far but i really appreciate all of them.

Thanks,
    Jason

9. xJasonSmithx

Jun 25, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    it had a short stint on ebay but to no luck. so im bumping it.

$525 Shipped sounds best but im interested in large cabs or 2 stackable cabs, active basses, a p-bass, maybe a fretless, definetly an upright.

Thanks
    -Jason Smith

p.s. this is just setting in its case under my bed, someone buy it, its lonley.

10. PM your way.....

11. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    bump, I fell in love with this bass upon playing it. You guys are nuts for not taking this steal.

12. Corwin81

Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    pm sent

13. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    bump

14. xJasonSmithx

Jun 25, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    bump

15. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Question: Did you get that bass from Brian Barrett? Looks a lot like one I traded to him.

Just curious.

If that's the case, I can attest to that bass. It's magic! So good, that it almost made me want to go back to 4-strings after about 15 years of 5's only! Wish I'd never gotten rid of it.

dcrood

16. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Yes, Jason did purchase this bass from The Low End. Small world. :smug:

17. xJasonSmithx

Jun 25, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    tons and tons of offers but nothing I have needed so far. Im mainly interested in cash now due to that fact I have done no Christmas shopping.

I can negotiate on the price some so $525 shipped or best offer takes it.

-Jason

18. ardorx

ardorx

Sep 23, 2004
    Sugar Land, TX
    If you have that at the end of the month still, game over... it will be sold. In other words, I'm going to buy it. :smug:

19. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Well he's been trying to sell it for awhile and no takers. I can't imagine why this hasn't sold. Great price. Gorgeous finish. It sounds and plays amazingly. I wish I could take it, but I can't justify it.

~Patrick

20. Buy this thing! I can't believe it's still here! That's an amazing price.