1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT: MIKE LULL M5V

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by XavidmanX, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XavidmanX

XavidmanX

Jun 29, 2006
    Bakersfield, CA
    Up for sale is a Mike Lull M5V that was a NAMM piece in 2009. I love the bass, but I just don't play enough to justify such a nice instrument. Additionally, I want to raise funds for a road bike so that I can start cycling again and getting back in shape. The basses are sitting here, unplayed, and I'm not getting any skinnier. It's in superb shape with no dings, dents or scratches. Here are the specs:

* Alder body
    * Maple Neck
    * Birdseye Maple Board
    * Duncan Single Coils
    * Aggie OBP3 Preamp with push/pull active passive and push/pull mid switch
    * Serial # 1317
    * Beautiful candy apple metallic finish with pearloid guard
    * Gig bag
    * 35" scale
    * 18mm spacing (maybe just a tad over...like 18.25) at the bridge.)

I'm looking for $1,700 obo shipped/insured in the CONUS. I will take paypal or cashier's check, but if paying by paypal please help me out and pay via echeck so I can avoid fees. That would help a lot.

I will consider trades, but for something that nets me around $1K. I have mainly Fender and Lakland J's in mind.

DSC00200.
    DSC00204.

2. crdasilva

crdasilva

Feb 10, 2008
    Weight? Thanks

3. bino

bino

Jun 27, 2002
    Orange County
    Mamma!

4. XavidmanX

XavidmanX

Jun 29, 2006
    Bakersfield, CA
    Good question. I'm not sure but I could take it to a UPS store later this week (Friday at the earliest) to have it weighed. I don't think it's close to 10. It feels pretty light to me and I've owned some boat anchors. Closest I can come to a comparison is an MTD I owned that weighed 9.5 lbs. and this one feels lighter...I'm venturing to say just a shade under 9 lbs. I will check for sure on Friday if it's still around by then.

5. Man, only if I had money to spare right now! Knowing you, I'm sure this bass is amazing.

6. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    WOW!!

7. bassplayerpt

bassplayerpt Supporting Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Florence, Italy
    beautiful bass
    Could you consider international shipping?

8. XavidmanX

XavidmanX

Jun 29, 2006
    Bakersfield, CA
    I would consider it if the buyer agrees to pay the entire shipping cost, including any customs fees associated with the transaction, minus a $50 shipping credit that I would pay for ground shipping here in the states.

The bass is definitely amazing, thanks, but I want to get a road bike again and start cycling to get back into high school shape. Might be a tough road but I have to give it a shot.

9. XavidmanX

XavidmanX

Jun 29, 2006
    Bakersfield, CA
    bump

10. Bump. Both for a wonderful fellow, and for "if I didn't already own an alder CAR M5V". :) I'm totally digging the idea of alder and that Aggie pre. The Duncan SC's are monsters. No doubt that this bass sounds as good as it looks. Awesome bass at a very, very fair price. Good luck with the sale, and very lucky is the cat who lands this one.

11. bbjonz

bbjonz Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    PM sent.

Joe

12. XavidmanX

XavidmanX

Jun 29, 2006
    Bakersfield, CA
    Thanks, Vroom. You da man.

This one is...SOLD.