1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FS/FT: MiniDSP pedal format - 2 in 4 out

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by rpsands, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    This is a really cool unit. I started with a balanced MiniDSP 2x4 board and had Mike Putnam put it in a medium sized pedal case.

Specs:
    -Volume knob
    -Footswitch (hold down to bypass, hold down to re-engage...not really as useful as I'd hoped--I'd suggest removing and plugging the footswitch hole. The bypass lets no sound through so not terribly useful.)
    -2 balanced TRS inputs
    -4 balanced TRS outputs
    -Line level or Instrument level switch for inputs
    -mini-USB connector
    -12v power input
    -NOTE: Requires a TRS cable for the output channels. TRS to XLR is fine, TRS to TS is fine. A TS cable will not engage.

Included is an isolated 12v power supply that will run it with plenty of headroom. I have had mixed results running this thing with less than isolated psu's -- my SupaCharger makes it hum like the dickens. With this 12v included power supply there is ZERO noise.

Features -- you can do all kinds of DSP tricks. The plugin I bought for it and will include is the 2-way Advanced.

It has many bands of parametric eq, high and low passes of all kinds - see here:
    http://www.minidsp.com/images/documents/Product Brief- 2way Xover ADV plug-in.pdf

This is a super cool unit. I used it for pre-baked eq curves and a butterworth high pass, and for biamping.

Possible uses:
    -Splitting your signal up to route all over a pedalboard. Send highs to one chain, lows to another chain, full range to another chain, then blend them back together with a mixer pedal (e.g. FEA Labs)
    -Just use it as a nice high pass filter
    -Program a voicing for sending to limited amps (e.g. add a 1/2 octave boost at 150hz to a fender tone stack amp).
    -Stick it inside a rack case behind a power amp as a professional up to 4-way crossover without taking up a rack space.
    -The sky's the limit, really.

This thing cost me well over 200 bucks. I'm looking to get out of it for 200 shipped.

It's just a plain aluminum box - I'll send you some pics on request.

2. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Pics:

IMAG0397.

IMAG0396.

3. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'll not sneer at offers of course!

also, tradebait:
    -Markbass compressore or FEA labs Opti-fet
    -Electric guitars (interested in a MIM telecaster but open:)
    -A 3012LF
    -Neat preamp pedals

I'm interested in all kinds of stuff though so don't hesitate to hit me up!

4. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Decided to keep this one, closed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.