1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT: Mint 2004 Lightwave Saber VL-5 fretted w/orig gig bag

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Shooter McGavin, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooter McGavin

Shooter McGavin Dam you people. This is golf. Not a rock concert.. Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2004
    Massachusetts
    TRADES CONSIDERED: Warwick Thumb BO 5, Warwick FNA Jazzman 5, Human Base BassX.oc5 - nothing else, sorry

PHOTOS AVAILABLE AT: http://photobucket.com/chevsabervl

Up for sale is my dead mint, drop dead gorgeous Lightwave Saber VL 5-string bass. You won't find another used one in better shape or more complete! These puppies go for $1,700 new WITHOUT the AAA burled maple top - I am starting the bidding at 1/2 price, and this one is as good as new.

NOT THE SAME AS BRAND NEW VL's - BETTER!: This is the Saber 'VL' model and not the more common 'SL'. This is also a 2004 model - I believe these are only available in solid colors now - this bass features a spectacular 'AAA' flamed maple top - MUCH DIFFERENT than the transparent amber finish advertised on some of the other VL's you see online - This one is burled maple in all its beauty.. The 'VL' model is also semi-hollow, whereas the 'SL' is a solid body.

As with all Lightwaves, this one features the highly regarded optical pickup system. To say these basses sound unique would be quite an understatement. You can hear and see everything you need to know on this very cool YouTube demo:
    Lightwave SaberVL5 Fretted - YouTube

34" scale. Controls include: master volume, bass, mid, mid freq, and IceTone piezo highs, along with a very interesting "warm/cool" tone switch. 3-Piece Hard Maple Neck. 7.9 pounds

As the owner of over 70 basses, I can tell you - this bass sounds like no other. Everything you read and hear about the piano like tone and endless sustain is 100% true. These guys don't come along very often, especially in this type of condition. The protective plastic film on the control cavity cover has never been removed.

I have set this bass up following the manufacturer's instructions.

If all of this isn't cool enough, I just recently installed a new set of 'Black Beauties' strings, giving this beast an even more impressive look.

Includes original dead mint Lightwave gig bag, charger, booklet, and adjustment wrenches.

I've been asked from time to time about the battery packs for these basses - the battery packs are simply 8 'AAA' NiMH batteries shrink wrapped with leads attached. No need to worry about getting replacements - they can easily be made by anyone with basic electronic knowledge. These packs are supposed to allow for 16hrs of playing. Seeing that I have 18 basses, I never really got to put this to the test. I always charged it up prior to playing a gig with it. Need to sell to finance an Andreas Basking Shark 5 I just bought on eBay....

Asking $850 -- SOLD. CONUS only, please. Paypal only, please.

Any questions, please ask. :hyper:
    GOOD LUCK

100_2004.

2. DBCrocky

DBCrocky

Oct 18, 2011
    Cary, NC
    This won't last long.

3. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2005
    Centennial, Colorado
    Does this one have the latest version of the optical pickups with the individual saddle height adjustment screws? I know the older pickups required you to loosen the strings in order to screw up or down the saddles. Either way it's VERY pretty!

4. Shooter McGavin

Shooter McGavin Dam you people. This is golf. Not a rock concert.. Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2004
    Massachusetts
    @swpyne: Yes, this has the individual saddle height screws

5. 77jazzbass

77jazzbass Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    uh oh... time for me to hustle up some cash!

6. Shooter McGavin

Jun 18, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Satruday morning 'this is NOT your typical Saber VL' bump!!

7. TNCreature

TNCreature Jinkies! Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Philadelphia Burbs
    drool...

8. monkeyking

monkeyking

Feb 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    This should not still be here - bump-a-lumpa...

9. jtl1380

jtl1380

Oct 12, 2010
    Asheville, NC
    I am in love with this thing. Love the Saber VL's and this is the nicest one I've ever seen. Just my luck that it's up for sale at a time when I can do absolutely nothing to make it mine :(

Someone please hurry up and buy this and put me out of my misery.

10. monkeyking

monkeyking

Feb 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It hurts me too. PM sent to the shooter.

11. Shooter McGavin

Jun 18, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Potential sale in the works.

12. Shooter McGavin

Jun 18, 2004
    Massachusetts
    SOLD to Monkeyking for $850! THANK YOU ALL!

13. Damn, I am kicking myself for not finding this earlier!!! Would have snatched it up in a heartbeat.

14. Shooter McGavin

Jun 18, 2004
    Massachusetts
    BASS HAS BEEN SOLD LOCALLY - sorry for the late upate. Was sold several months ago. Thank you all for the interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.