1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT: Mint 2011 Carvin SB 4000 w/MIA Fender Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by David_70, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David_70

David_70

Mar 28, 2012
    2011 Carvin SB 4000 with 2011 Fender MIA '75 Jazz Reissue Neck

Looks like a clone of the Fender Select Active Jazz Bass (which retails for $3,199)

Photos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wn2m82cyw6ji6rv/bI2bbaLlpU

Long story gets longer. I encourage you to review my posts surrounding the dream "Fenderbird" I built, to see how I have arrived at this sale/trade.

Bought Carvin in January, 2011 for $1200+. Honeyburst on flamed maple, with active/passive electronics. Bass is in mint condition. When I dismantled the Fenderbird, I removed the Carvin's neck and had luthier replace it with the '75 MIA Jazz Reissue blocked and bound rosewood neck you see in the photos (neck cost me $750 from The Stratosphere, on sale - was going for over $800... Neck is new: went on and off Fenderbird in March '12 and onto Carvin in the Fall of 2012). So, felt I better get some value out of the neck by placing it on my Carvin. I also kept on the Hipshot Ultralite tuners from the T-bird - as seen in the photos (I have the original Fender '75 Jazz tuners - and will have luthier replace on the neck upon sale).

As perfect as the bass looks, sounds, and feels (love the neck) - I just don't care for 4 strings anymore. Got a Carvin SB 5000 this year, and simply cannot give up my B-string... Not going back to 4's. This bass simply hasn't been played in six months. Shipped with original hard case.

I'm open to trade offers, so long as they are higher end 5-strings (I'd add cash for the right bass). Thank you for your interest.

2. xabicho

xabicho Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Long Beach, California
    Roger Guitars
    Are the electronics Carvin?

3. David_70

David_70

Mar 28, 2012
    Yes, the body is 100% original Carvin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.