1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FS/FT: Modified and aged / relic Telecaster Bass - Squier VM

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dark Horse, Apr 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    AMAZING RELIC TELECASTER BASS !

This started out life as one of the excellent and coveted Squier VM basses. It was immediately disassembled, a vintage style Fender bridge cover was added, new electronics (Fender CTS pots, high quality cap, etc) and new tuners (Kluson Fender 51 reissues) were also added. The neck was reshaped, and the body and neck were refinished with nitro, which resulted in a great feeling and super smooth playing bass ! Every single part on this bass is Fender except for the capacitor.This bass sounds amazing ... big, FAT low end ! Go out and look at the prices on vintage Fender Telecaster Basses...they're getting $1500-$2000 and more these days, so if you want that sound, feel, and look, you can buy this bass for a heck of a lot less !
    If you do the math, the bass would cost $300, tuners another $70 or so, electronics another $15, bridge cover another $15 - so basically you are paying $200 for a neck and body refinish and relic, as well as getting that ugly, blocky headstock transition smoothed out !

$640 OBO shipped in the Continental USA.

Trades: Genz Benz Shuttle, Markbass, or similar lightweight heads

02fc_3.

0375_3.

!BQ6QEFgCGk~$(KGrHgoH-CUEjlLlvS+VBJ7VVoDBPg~~_3.

!BQ6QEkQ!mk~$(KGrHgoH-CEEjlLl0F63BJ7VV)Kkz!~~_3.

!BQ6QFhQ!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-DUEjlLlzqhLBJ7VV-Mn(w~~_3.

05e1_3.

!BQ6QG7!Bmk~$(KGrHgoH-CcEjlLl4lRpBJ7VWTU0Jw~~_3.

!BQ6QFJQBWk~$(KGrHgoH-CQEjlLl1C88BJ7VV4CyJ!~~_3.

!BQ6QGkw!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-DcEkJw1)bDiBJ7VWNvgp!~~_3.

2. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    oh my...

3. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    saw it on ebay i am watching it!

sweet bass

4. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Thanks ! It really is an outstanding instrument. I'm building a 51 style right now, but I like this one quite a bit. If it doesn't move reasonably fast I'll probably hold on to it, but I could definitely make use of $$$ or a compact amp head. Anyway, thanks for the interest !

5. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Unfortunately, due to my girlfriend hitting a deer with her car I had to take MUCH less for this bass than I should have in order to pay for car repairs. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.