1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

FS / FT Modified Douglas Pisces - Chrome Epi Thunderbird Pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Staunch, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Staunch

Staunch Banned

A Douglas Pisces with a reshaped Tele style headstock and added an anchor waterslide since I had it sitting around. Sorry, but the D-Tuner is not included and the stock tuner will be put back.

Most importantly, I added a pair of chrome Epi Thunderbird Pickups. They sound rad. I then went stupid with the router. FYI, there are very slim hardly noticeable gaps on the E side of the pickup rings. With the black body, you don't see them unless you are looking for them. It is wired up VOL/VOL with 500K pots. Also took off the pickguard and threw on a Wilkinson brass saddle bridge. The pickguard will be included but has not been cut to fit the humbucker.

All in all, it sounds rad and plays well. There is a tiny bit of buzz in like two spots but nothing that bothered me enough to mess with it.

$200.00 Shipped Via PayPal. Or I'd happily trade (or partial trade) for a Epi T-Bird, Peavey T-40, T-20.. Ibanez ATK... Whatever... Throw ideas at me.

IMG_0959.
    IMG_0960.
    IMG_0958.

2. Staunch

Staunch Banned

Price drop bumpalicious!

3. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    I dig it..what color is the 'guard and how wide is the nut? Also,I've always wondered about contact noise between the strings and those covered 'buckers..would it be capable of a decent slap tone or would contact be an issue?

4. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
  5. lethal dose

lethal dose

Apr 10, 2016
    This thing still for sale?