1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT Modulus Genesis VJ 4

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kshipley1, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kshipley1

kshipley1 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Denver
    Beautiful looking and sounding bass I picked up here on TB. I love it but I continue to play my Lull as my main bass. I am interested in selling outright (first choice) or trading for something that would compliment what I already have. This is a factory upgraded Modulus Genesis VJ 4 (Vintage Jazz). How you see this bass is how it was custom ordered from the factory (about 10 years ago). The finish is like a really cool pale metallic green with matching headstock. Really looks great under stage lights. Comes with the tort pickguard and white pearl guard (never been mounted). Lots of options on this bass.

Carbon fiber spine with wood laminates for neck, headstock and Chechen fretboard. Check out photo's, very cool.
    Hipshot satin ultralight tuners, this does have the truss rod, passive Dimarzio Ultra Jazz pickups ( sound fantastic), string thru body. The neck has a thin profile and a nice comfortable fast feel to it. The case is in reasonable shape with some warping on the top, plus a weird bump, but fully functional and very secure, inside of the case is excellent.
    Only blemishes are superficial with 3 small nicks (see photo) on the lower back and a small ding down on the back of the neck by the headstock, which you don't feel when playing.

The tone of this bass is great, punchy and growly like a good jazz should be. The neck pickup is full and round. The weight is 9.8lbs, but well balanced.

Sale: [DEL]$1125[/DEL] $1025 shipped (paypal)
    Trade: Lakland Darryl Jones 5 Lake Placid Blue only, Lakland 55-02 (Sunburst-prefer deluxe model), Lull M5V Plus or minus cash as appropriate.

[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    http://s1100.beta.photobucket.com/user/kshipley1/library/Modulus Genesis VJ
    Thank you.

2. Nice!

3. kshipley1

Nov 22, 2010
    Denver
    Thanks, sounds great. I'd never had a bass with the Dimarzio Ultra Jazz pickups. They really have a nice bite to them.

4. kshipley1

Nov 22, 2010
    Denver
    Happy Monday morning bump

5. kshipley1

Nov 22, 2010
    Denver
    Bump- up up. Great bass. A Genesis VJ for under 1100 bucks.

6. RedMoses

RedMoses

Jul 4, 2012
    NYC
    I love these Basses! How much does she weigh? Unfortunately im need very light Basses otherwise i would have had one years go.

7. Finally one that is NOT sunburst....
    GLWTS.....

8. kshipley1

Nov 22, 2010
    Denver
    The weight is 9.8lbs and well balanced. so no tug on the shoulder and no neck dive.

9. DougBass

DougBass Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Rockland County NY
    Fantastic bass. I have one and love it.

10. kshipley1

Nov 22, 2010
    Denver
    Thanks Doug. Really punchy and tight. Great tone.

11. kshipley1

Nov 22, 2010
    Denver
    Final price drop $1025 shipped, otherwise trading it locally.

12. kshipley1

Nov 22, 2010
    Denver
    Up, up for a great bass. I know, I know, it's one of those colors you either love or hate, but I do get tired of traditional finishes.

13. Franz Jr.

Franz Jr. Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Man if mine would sell i would be all over this

14. kshipley1

Nov 22, 2010
    Denver
    Great bass. I will be trading it on Monday if I don't get a buyer this weekend. Thanks

15. kshipley1

Nov 22, 2010
    Denver
    Hi guys, if any of the folks that PM'd me are seriously interested, please let me know as I will be closing this thread and trading this bass Monday morning. Thank you

16. kshipley1

Nov 22, 2010
    Denver
    bumpus

17. kshipley1

Nov 22, 2010
    Denver
    Closing the thread. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.