1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT MTD, Parker, Martin, Basslab, Citron

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lbardot, Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lbardot

lbardot

Sep 27, 2004
    Seattle
    Need some room for other project, these basses are not played enough by me and I would love these to remain in the Talkbass community ! Naturally, I reserve the right to come back to my senses, but please do not hesitate to get back to me for more details on these nice basses. All are in played but outstanding condition except, detailled information will be given to those interested.

So here we go :

MTD 535 - Tulipwood Body, Myrtle top, maple neck, rosewood FB. Extremely light and cut through any wall of sound. With HSC - => SOLD

Pictures here : http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww312/lbardot/MTD/

Citron AE5 - 1 MAG + 1 Piezzo, Stereo Wiring (Mono switchable), individual string saddles. IMHO, Harvey Citron makes the best magnetic pickups on the market. Extensive tone shaping. Comes with high quality padded gigbag. Great sound and exceptional craftmanship.

Pictures here : http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww312/lbardot/Citron/ => TRADED

Basslab Soul V Fretless - Narrow spacing, very fast neck, very light due to composite material used. Very complete tone-shaping with midsweep. - 1300 USD or best offer => TRADED

Pictures here : http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww312/lbardot/Basslab/

Martin B-1 - This one is born is 1998. Loud Acoustic Bass (louder than any other acoustic bass I tried, for sure), and possibility to plug it on an amp (there is a intrument cable plug concealed in the lower strap pin). Great for acoustic jams, low action, Martin HSC (aka "the Safe"), light scuff marks on the lower sides, else excellent condition - => SOLD

Parker Fly bass 4-String - This one is light too - Really ! If you want a high quality 4-string bass without breaking your back, look no further. Great mix of traditional and modern sounds - Records great and the ease to get the sound you want is astonishing. Only goes because I play more 5-String than 4. Comes with Parker G/B => price 1650 USD

Pictures here : http://s731.photobucket.com/albums/ww312/lbardot/Parker/

Cash will always be prefered, but as far as trades go, I would be interested in a Reverend 5, a Parker Fly 5, Lakland US 5, Sadowsky or Smith 5 + cash one side or the other depending on the deal.

5-String Lull Jazz Bass type and Roscoes with Audere would probably also work. Ideally, no bass with Bartolini PU's or electronics and no maple FB, and definitely nothing above 9 lb. Fender American JB Deluxe might make the shortlist too.

As said, PM me for more informations. I have little history on TB but 100% positive evaluation on ebay. More pictures and information on the above basses on demand.

2. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    So... just clearing out a little junk, eh?

Those are some monster basses... if this is what you're dumping, I'd love to see what you're using!

3. lbardot

lbardot

Sep 27, 2004
    Seattle
    Thanks. But I would not call this "dumping" ;). Anyway, GAS got the best of me these last years, and I only have 2 hands to play, so it is ample time to clear the herd.

4. arjune

arjune

Oct 8, 2006
    SF, CA
    Price on the Parker?

5. lbardot

lbardot

Sep 27, 2004
    Seattle
    The price of the parker has been edited to 1650 USD. Thanks for letting me know it was missing.

6. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    What's the scale length on the Basslab?

7. lbardot

lbardot

Sep 27, 2004
    Seattle
    The Basslab is a 34" scale.

8. EduardoK

EduardoK

Jun 28, 2004
    Scale length, nut width and string spacing at bridge on the Citron???

9. lbardot

lbardot

Sep 27, 2004
    Seattle
    Scale length is 35". String spacing 19mm. Width at nut is 50mm or 2 1/4 ", and width at the heel is 3".

10. lbardot

lbardot

Sep 27, 2004
    Seattle
    All PM replied

11. lbardot

lbardot

Sep 27, 2004
    Seattle
    Tuesday Bump !

12. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    String spacing on the Soul ? is that a Bass preamp either a BassXX or DaCapo preamp?

Sweet looking black bass.

13. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yeah, that Basslab is ultrasexxxy, I wish I could justify myself buying it.

14. lbardot

lbardot

Sep 27, 2004
    Seattle
    The Basslab Soul's string spacing at bridge is 16mm. Nut width 1 5/8".

15. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    Real narrow Bongo.. Close to guitar spacing,. Free bump for a really nice guy!

16. Parker Fly Basses Rock!

And then there was one (that would be yours Ibardot). My Fly is Hx. Jump on this Fly Bass fellas!

Here's a bump for a great bass and a solid TB-er.

17. 707clown

707clown

Apr 9, 2009
    ill trade my ibanez afirma series afr105 rolf spuler design #905 of 1000 for that parker yhe bottom horn was broken and reglued by previous owner purely cosmetic not even very noticeable

18. lbardot

lbardot

Sep 27, 2004
    Seattle
    Afirmas are great looking basses but no immediate interest on my side. Thanks nevertheless.

19. cosmicevan

cosmicevan bleep bloop Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    PM...interested in Citron, MTD, Basslab...etc.

20. dessunx

dessunx

Dec 2, 2008
    Singapore
    Pm...regarding MTD and free bump.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.