1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD FS/FT MTD Z5 Hot Rodded!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Nashvillefunk, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You know which one I'm talking about, the nicest Z5 you'll ever get your hands on. A combination of a big tax return and some seriours g.a.s. has made me decide to move her around. I've copied the description from the original owner whom I bought this from here on TB.

The bass is in mint condition with no wear at all. It was only played in my smoke free home for a few months. Anyway here you go.....

MTD Z5 Natural Gloss

Body wood: Mahogany
    Top Wood: Burl Maple
    Neck: Maple
    Fretboard: Rosewood
    Pickups: Nordstrand DC5's
    Preamp: Audere 4 Band w/ Z-Mode Switch
    Bridge: Hipshot A
    Zero Nut: Yes
    Buzz Feiten: Yes
    Case: Gator Gig Bag
    String spacing is 19MM at bridge

The pickups are EACH wired with a switch that will allow them to be placed in Parallel, Single Coil, or Series. There is also a switch that will allow you to switch the Audere 4 band preamp to Hi, Mid, or Lo impedance. The options are limitless.

*Note, this bass is still in mint condition and has only been kept inside my smoke free studio. Mere words cant do justice to the job Pete Skjold did on setting up this bass. It is the best feeling bass I've ever held (even compared to my Skjold, sorry Pete) and needs to be played to be appreciated.

This bass has had pleanty of money invested in making a monster and I'll sell for $1300/o.b.o.
    Trades considered: I'd like to trade up with cash on my part
    Pedulla, Warrior, Zon, Modulus, Roscoe, Warwick, Alembic, Skjold, etc. No Fenders. I'd perfer a 5 or 6 string with wide string spacing.

Front.

Back.

2. sport88

sport88

Nov 1, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    PM sent

3. replied

4. EduardoK

EduardoK

Jun 28, 2004
    Is scale length 35"?